3D Sonics in SRB2?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongcrierCat

Down In It
I don't know if this should go here, but whenever I look at the SRB2 logo sometimes a 3D Sonic would appear. So I was wondering," Is SSNTails going to go from drawn sprites to TRUE 3D in SRB2?"

SRB2 can handle 3D models, to a certain extent. Shuffle needs to tell me how they work and I've been asking him forever about it but he won't tell me fff

Shuffle said:
Okay, create a file called MD2.dat and format it like this..

Code:
PLAY PLAY.md2 9.0 0.0
NWNG NWNG.md2 9.0 0.0

In this example, PLAY is the name of the sprite to replace, PLAY.md2 is the MD2 model to use, 9.0 is the size of the model, and 0.0 is the offset of the model. Create an MD2 folder in your SRB2 directory and put the models you want in there, and name them accordingly. The texture accompanying the model(s) need to have the same name and can be either .pcx or .png format. The texture should be perfectly square so it works on all graphics cards. Also, in case you didn't already know, MD2s only work in OpenGL mode.

Very nice.

EDIT: Just tried replacing FWR3A0 (The purple flower bud), didn't work- does the MD2.dat file need to be part of a wad or something?

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Draykon said:
Nope. They're from The Wizard.
That piece of crap?! My gosh.... that game kept crashing on me. Sonic appeared in it too? Gosh.... who made The Wizard anyway?

Just because you can't run it, doesn't mean it's a piece of crap, using your logic, games such as Halo and FEAR are probably a piece of crap as well. Are they?

It's actually rather entertaining, if simple.

Well, the PC version of Halo kind of WAS a crappy port... Not to mention that those are professionally-written programs, unlike Wizard, which means they had a higher likelihood of actually, ya know, running.

Shuffle said:
Ritz, you know to call it FWR3 and not FWR3A0, right?
I tried that too, didn't help.

1-Up said:
Did you turn on gr_md2?
There's where I screwed up. I'm going to have an awful lot of fun with this.

Hmm... I just randomly put some of wizard's md2s in SRB2, and they didn't turn out too well.
The main problem was not having the correct .pcx file I think.
When I put in the sonic from wizard in SRB2, he was sideways...weird.
Are the .buz files similar to the .pcx?

cueball61 said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Draykon said:
Nope. They're from The Wizard.
That piece of crap?! My gosh.... that game kept crashing on me. Sonic appeared in it too? Gosh.... who made The Wizard anyway?

Just because you can't run it, doesn't mean it's a piece of crap, using your logic, games such as Halo and FEAR are probably a piece of crap as well. Are they?

It's actually rather entertaining, if simple.
Sorry... :( .. I finally got the game to work without crashing. That is freaking fun! 8) :D I just don't understand how to beat level 1 though... :? ... what are the controls for each button? That might help me out a lot more in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back