Crawlers, ElectroBuzzes and Turret Mobile! (ManimisDSEnemies.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManimiFire

Meow Motherfuckers.
I'm back with 3 big addons to the srb2, 2 new enemies and 1 new boss/midboss, the first: Crawler, the Crawler is good security system of Doomship Zone. The Crawler can gain spike balls and dash against the player, the Crawler is contain 5 health points. The second one is ElectroBuzz, the ElectroBuzz, is a security system from Doomship Zone, he can shoot a brench of sparkles that burning in the ground, the ElectroBuzz has 2 health points. The final one is the Turret Mobile, the strongiest of the three, he can throw 2 huge spike balls, and in his rage mode, he can gain one spike ball around him each attack, and to dashing to the player, the Turret Mobile is contain 15 health points!!!

I'm hope those enemies will be put inside Doomship Zone :)
Remember, you can ask me for permission to use those enemies to your own wads, just WITH MY PERMISSION.

Attachments

• srb20153.png
    srb20153.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,030
  • srb20154.png
    srb20154.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 890
  • srb20156.png
    srb20156.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 934
  • srb20065.gif
    srb20065.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 951
  • srb20066.gif
    srb20066.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 737
  • ManimisDSEnemies.zip
    534.8 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
Looking pretty interesting. The Turret Mobile looks really cool IMO.

Good work!

WARNING - PRETTY HARSH REVIEW

Okay so, I've played this a bit. Replayed it, even. And I'm still asking myself a LOT of questions about this.
Well, mechanically, this is just fine. It's not perfect, and there's a few little issues with it, but for being a first time at using SOC, I congratulate you. I don't even KNOW how to make a SOC file. Though somethings are really, really off or simply annoying.
> The ElectroBuzz
Okay, let's start off easy. This guy is kinda broken, and kind of ridiculous. I boot up the level and FIRST thing I spot is a triple rail ring shooting towards me. Kinda extreme for such a small enemy, dontcha think? Plus, after that attack, he just stopped attacking. If I'm not mistaken, there's two of them, and I only got attacked by them once.

>The Crawler
Ugh, this guy. Firstly, he has WAY too much HP. I mean, 5 HP? He's a CRAWLA, not a BOSS. Weird HP aside, this guy moves EXTREMELY FAST. That shouldn't be a problem, really, if it didn't have those spike balls floating around him. You need to tone his speed a bit, and alter that HP. He gave a tougher fight than the actual boss.

>The Turret Mobile

The boss. Again, suffers from some of the same issues I have with The Crawler. First, it moves TOO fast. Secondly, his attacks are literally unreadable. Thirdly, he's pretty much a punching bag. His deadliest attacks consist of wimpy spike balls throws. Though, he constantly tries to run you over, instead of, WELL, shooting you. Like a Turret would. The spikeballs he generates midway are pretty useless for him too, they're kinda small; and really easy to avoid. You should really try and emphasize the TURRET part of the boss. Don't make it a buffalo that charges at you, make it a deadly sniper.

Okay, now. This is where my biggest issue lies: The sprite work. I mean, not everyone in the world is an artist, I myself, have issues drawing and painting. But... Have you compared your sprites to the original ones? All of yours lack shading, the colors are obnoxiously bright, and some sprites are just ridiculous. The boss is the biggest offender. His sprites consist of a photoshopped Turret on top of an eggman-less Eggmobile. And... Yellow tentacles..? Also, hitting it makes it bleed. A machine that bleeds.
There's also this black crawla that just sits around doing nothing. And it also looks really, really, ugly.
I'm not telling you to make a perfectly good sprite, nor make it completely original; from the ground up. I'm just saying that you could have tried a bit better. Change up the colors, use SHADES, shadows, or anything that makes them pop out! They DO pop out right now, but not for the right reason. If you could learn how to program SOC, you can also learn how to make sprites beautiful.
I see potential in you, really. You just need to work a bit harder, and I assure you'll make wonders.

Anyways, congratulations on your first WAD release, man. Don't be afraid to work harder.

Last edited:
Well, mechanically, this is just fine. It's not perfect, and there's a few little issues with it, but for being a first time at LUA, I congratulate you. I don't even KNOW how to LUA.
This isn't Lua. And for that matter, Lua isn't an acronym, why are you writing it in all caps?

This isn't Lua. And for that matter, Lua isn't an acronym, why are you writing it in all caps?
I've always assumed it was an acronym, I don't really know why. I edited my OP, now it should replace Lua for SOC.

It's just that I assumed that this was Lua, I rarely see SOC files here since the release of 2.1. So I supposed it had to be Lua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back