No love for Sonic's original friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
With all this talk about Blaze, Silver, Big, etc., there are two characters who seem to be a tad neglected: Tails and KTE. All those newer characters are pretty cool, but I don't think we should forget who was helping Sonic save the day back when he was 16-bit.

On my "If it were up to you, what'd be more famous than it is?" topic, a lot of people mentioned Tails, and I have to agree. Where is he in all this? Knux has suffered perhaps an even worse fate--Like Tails, he has been pushed aside, but at least Tails has a very outspoken cult following. I haven't seen any such crowd around Knuckles.

I don't know...sometimes it feels like the only current game where Tails and Knuckles are in their rightful place is SRB2.

(I wonder where you got the topic name XD XD XD)

Anyways Tails and Knuckles have lots of love,not that much here.
Not everyone are Sonic Fans at this board.......

You should visit the Sega of America boards TONS of fans.

Though,Tails and Knuckles havn't been used much or there abiltys sucked.
(Sonic 2..Tails jumped lower/and was slower,though in Sonic 3 he became awesome!Sonic Adventure was cool to...SA2....um I sense a downfall. And every game after that made it completely optional/useless most of the time(SONIC HEROES!!) Sonic 06,WTF they made him a pig in that game
After that..the handheld series were the best part about Tails..Until Sonic Rush and other games he was just a character/helper.

I hope SATBK changes it..Tails with a Bow and Arrow sounds cool = More fans!

Knuckles is where he always is: on the floating island, protecting the giant, green, magical gem. Plotwise, the reason Knuckles is nowhere to be found in games, is that SEGA would be only hurting him by randomly including him as Sonic's buddy (for instance, Sonic Heroes and Sonic '06), because it basically means Sonic Team is disregarding the reason for his existence. Why else did he not appear in Sonic Unleashed's story line? He has a job to do, and Sonic Team is doing Knuckles' character a favor for letting Knuckles do it.

Meanwhile, Tails is still Sonic's best friend (granted, Chip kind of pushed him aside), but he is getting quite a minor role.

I suppose the main reason both characters are getting pushed to the side is... well, there's not so much to build upon them anymore. Both Tails' and Knuckles' peaks were in the first Sonic Adventure, when Tails grew independent from Sonic and Knuckles found out the most about his past. The two could make use of their abilities if SEGA made a game centered around them, but no character has gotten his/her own game since Knuckles Chaotix, so I don't expect Sonic Team to give Sonic's other crew members any more spotlight than they've already got.

BW...your fact about no one has gotten there game since KC.

What about Shadow the Hedgehog?
Tails Sky Patrol/Adventure?

Autosaver said:

Both Tails' Games came before Chaotix, and this topic isn't about Shadow.

I agree. Tails should be in it more, as more of a main character. Knuckles I can understand, but they still should have a game where it goes back to the original 'areas' and show the master emerald shrine. I can't even remember the last game it was in besides 2k6 I think, I dunno, I haven't been able to play it all the way through on my own.

They pretty much replaced both of them with Shadow. I admit, he is alright, but he gets annoying though.

But Tails and Knux are out of the picture for the most part.That makes me said. Which is why I used to own with Tails is SRB2.

Simsmagic said:
Autosaver said:

Both Tails' Games came before Chaotix, and this topic isn't about Shadow.

but no character has gotten his/her own game since Knuckles Chaotix,

He was speaking in general........I hope

I was speaking in general, but Shadow was a flop in the critics' eyes, and it was still quite a while ago, so it really doesn't change things much.

Tails Sky Patrol and Tails Adventure both came out before Knuckles Chaotix and were both low profile. I think that of all the characters, Tails still has the most room for potential development, because with the exception of Sonic Chronicles, he hasn't really lived up to the status he earned himself at the end of Sonic Adventure.

I would like to see more of Tails as a leader, perhaps being every bit as effective in leading by word as Sonic is leading by example if not more so. I don't want it to be so exaggerated that it looks like I'm watching a Disney Channel movie where a ton of government organizations are begging an 8 yr old genius to help with some kind of cataclysmic event... but I'd like to see him exercise his natural knowledge or at least develop towards such a position.

I'd like to see Knuckles show up from time to time, but never without good reason. As a purist, I'd like to see all games follow an STK formula, but following BW's logic I don't think ANY character other than Sonic or Dr. Robotnik should get a free ride into every game. The best solution for a large character roster is to choose a few from between them that would best fit the story and leave the others behind.

As you can see by my avatar... I am a tails fan. I think Tails should have one of his own game. I mean Tails has been with the sireies since Sonic 2, Shadow was with it for 4 years and he got his own game by then. Tails sky patrol & advantre really didn't go that well. He'd really fair better with a 3d game.

I think Sonic team should make a game like Sonic adventure, In other words, A Game where you can choose a character to play with not only sonic.

About tails, Sonic Team should make a game for him Since they make one for shadow. Tails is a good character, A character with potential.

That leaves Knuckles, ST Should make him smarter. Seriosly I don't like this Dumb Knux. I Think Knuckles fans (and I) want to see the Old Knuckles back.

nightmare cenz said:
I think Sonic team should make a game like Sonic adventure, In other words, A Game where you can choose a character to play with not only sonic.

About tails, Sonic Team should make a game for him Since they make one for shadow. Tails is a good character, A character with potential.

That leaves Knuckles, ST Should make him smarter. Seriosly I don't like this Dumb Knux. I Think Knuckles fans (and I) want to see the Old Knuckles back.

All the handhelds allow multiple characters to be played.
Also Knuckles as always dumb... >_>

Autosaver said:

I think sega should make that kind of game but for next gen consoles
(360, Wii and Ps3)

Autosaver said:

Knuckles wasn't that dumb Before... Seriously, In Sa2b he had a little % Of dumbness, In Sonic '06 he was more dumb. (At least that's what i think)

nightmare cenz said:
Autosaver said:

I think sega should make that kind of game but for next gen consoles
(360, Wii and Ps3)

Autosaver said:

Knuckles wasn't that dumb Before... Seriously, In Sa2b he had a little % Of dumbness, In Sonic '06 he was more dumb. (At least that's what i think)

In S3&K he was very dumb,getting fooled by Eggman..um ok
In SA he was fooled again giving Eggman the Chaos Emeralds leading to Station Square destroyed.
In SA he thought the Chaos Emerald(Green) was the master Emerald.

Also your right about SA2B,but for whatever reason they turned him into a pop guy.
(I don't remember him being dumb in 06,but right now hes having more of an angry attitude instead of dumbness)

Autosaver said:
I don't remember him being dumb in 06

When Eggman traps them in the Warps thingy...
He tries to get out by punching it.

When they fall after the warp
IF you look closely Both tails and knuckles fail at the landind.

Autosaver said:
But right now hes having more of an angry attitude instead of dumbness

You're right about that, He gets angry more easily than before (Example Sonic battle)

Never played 06..but punching out isn't necessary dumb.

More like good thinking,what IF you could get out?
If it did work...well

Also how do you expect to land getting sucked through a portal,dropping at a fast pace out of no where? LOL

Autosaver said:
Also how do you expect to land getting sucked through a portal,dropping at a fast pace out of no where? LOL

That's the interesting thing, when that happens Sonic Spins and lands on his feets unlike Tails and knuckles, both of them land on their butts.

nightmare cenz said:
Autosaver said:

That's the interesting thing, when that happens Sonic Spins and lands on his feets unlike Tails and knuckles, both of them land on their butts.

They can't spin as good as Sonic in mid air.
Also butt is the best place for landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back