EggRock Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say ERZ3 is death pit hell apart from that one room with the reverse-gravity platforming over square platforms. As it so happens, that's also by far the worst room in the level. Apart from that, the only room where pits are much more than scenery is the first room after the initial hallway, but I don't think that one's inappropriately difficult. If that one room is replaced with something more adequate (and interesting!), it think it will be fine.

Besides, if they weren't death pits, what would they be? Anything else would either make it impossible to finish the race in time (frustrating the player with a no-win situation) or not be a punishment at all. Remember, this is the last normal act of the game.

I agree with this. It's the same problem I had with Altitude Limit in Sonic Rush, being a death-pit city and the game not saving which act you were in.

Besides, if they weren't death pits, what would they be? Anything else would either make it impossible to finish the race in time (frustrating the player with a no-win situation) or not be a punishment at all. Remember, this is the last normal act of the game.

A new player is more likely to screw up at the beginning of a death pit section, so placing spikes and a nearby spring back up would allow them some amount of recovery. You could keep the second half of those sections as death pits to prevent cheesing.

I admit to only clearing ERZ3 as Tails and Knuckles, and I could only get the time emblem as Knuckles. I could also get the ring emblem but I keep messing up the timing for dodging Metal Sonic's attacks during the fight. The race is difficult but I feel like it isn't too punishing. I feel its more punishing to watch Metal win the race than to fall down a bottomless pit, otherwise you're running an extra ten-twenty seconds for absolutely nothing.

I also stock up on lives anyways so I'm usually prepared for that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back