SRB2 Hub (1.3)

Yes, it's true. I'm a bit tired of spending most of my time in the doom builder. But it's not my place to complain, since I basicly did it voluntarily. I just want to let everyone know, that I probably won't be working on much for a short period of time. And also that you've been very cooperative and respectful and I had a really good time creating and editing SRB2 Hub thanks to all of you.

I'll still be checking the thread and adding small fixes, if necessary, but I won't be working on anything major for now. I hope you all have a great time!

I'm getting huge Danganronpa vibes from the hangout area, doubled by the music. I like it. The SRB1 level select is pretty cool, but I'd suggest putting the signs on the near side of the player so they can be more easily seen.

Well that IS what he was going for.

Last edited:
I didn't take the time to look at anything other than the hub(s) in particular since I'm not particularly interested in the hangout area (although I quickly ran through it), but from what I did look at, I'd say this is quite nice. I do have a few issues with it, however.

The hubs themselves are all rather compact. I'd personally recommend opening the areas up a bit to give the player more room to run around. Additionally, I think that some act entrances are surprisingly easy to miss. Case in point: GFZ1.

I was going to do something similar to this, but simply didn't have the motivation to make unique hubs for each zone, and I commend you for that. Although a relevant complaint on that note, is that some hubs have blatantly copy-pasted elements from the actual acts. It's not all that bad, I just felt like I was missing out on something that could have been more unique.

I also think that the entrances to each hub aren't obvious enough if one were to run straight down that hallway. Maybe you could make the textures of those zones come out of the doors a bit, or stick some sort of signs by them. I lost track of which way was which whenever I came back out of a zone as a result of their ambiguity. Rather minor though.

And of course, my number one pet peeve with SRB2 maps: TEXTURE ALIGNMENT! That cave in the GFZ hub drove me crazy.

It's such a coincidence that you put in DanganRonpa music. I just bought that game yesterday.

That being said, I wish the music played everywhere. You included an entirely new track, so maybe it can be used in the hangout area. But that's just me because I like the track.

Props to you on the decorations, once again. The theater was impressive. It did cause one crash, but it's likely more due to srb2 2.1's random crashes rather than your wad. The personal quarters were also a good touch, along with closing the doors.

Hell, all this makes me want to make a Hangout map based on DanganRonpa.

I was going to do something similar to this, but simply didn't have the motivation to make unique hubs for each zone, and I commend you for that. Although a relevant complaint on that note, is that some hubs have blatantly copy-pasted elements from the actual acts. It's not all that bad, I just felt like I was missing out on something that could have been more unique.

I think that's the point. It recalls some of the level design, or memorable places from a certain level.

I'd agree about how compact some rooms are though. Especially in the individual dining room, the camera enjoys freaking out a little. That being said I adore the rooms themselves and the food they spew out.

I don't do things half-way.

Understatement of the century. Right here.

This is phenomenal.

I can feel the love and care you put into every single zone's level select. I really love how every act's entrance feels like it's part of the level it's from. It's inspiring.

The only thing that saddens me Is that despite how badass the hangout areas are, I have no use for them. :( Ah well, they're still super neat to look at. :)

Perfect 5, bro. You turned Level Select into a modsbanned LEVEL. GG.

I mostly use the hangout section for my hangout server. Nobody complains and everyone has fun messing around. One particularly funny moment had us sitting in the 'Theater' area, and somebody kept switching the movies.
One person said "this movie is too intense for me!" and it was probably the funniest thing I heard all day.

I think that's the point. It recalls some of the level design, or memorable places from a certain level.

I definitely get that, but I guess I just wasn't expecting eggrock for example to be exactly the same right off the bat (until you go around a bend).

Um, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think the textures all fit and leave nothing blank.

I figured I made it pretty clear when I said it drove me crazy and also mentioned that it's a pet peeve of mine. And I don't think you get what I mean by texture alignment...

I say you should quit being so nitpicky. atleast he tried.

Neku, please, it's all right. It's nothing major and considering I have a few free days I just might have some time to do something about it.

And I really appreciate any and all criticism. After all, I am looking to improve this thing however I can. And thanks to experienced or just attentive people like sonicfreak94 I am able to see and fix problems that I otherwise wouldn't. I am honored that people are willing to take time out of their lives just to help me improve this project, I really am.

Offtopic: I have to confess that I had some of my best SRB2 moments on servers with SF94-Serv mod. Thank you for making it, sonicfreak94.

I say you should quit being so nitpicky. atleast he tried.

You say that as if I think this ruins the whole thing for me. It's just some texture alignment, and I was just trying to be clear about my point. Nothing major.

Offtopic: I have to confess that I had some of my best SRB2 moments on servers with SF94-Serv mod. Thank you for making it, sonicfreak94.

You're welcome I suppose, and thanks.

Kinda sad you never took my idea to add in the unfinished BMZ2 but whatever. This is still an incredibly nice map you've made.
You should've made jumping on Red's house 3 times send you to 1.09.4's RVZ

Last edited:
I definitly love this Hub. My only concern is...
What legacy levels can I find? (sorry I don't know how to use
"Spoilers" in the MB...)

Another update. Seems we need a program that checked for updated WADs. Any takers for making said program, because it's not gonna be me. xD

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back