Suggestions

Dynamic mobjinfo and state tables. Z_Realloc exists for a reason, use it. With some modifications to the dehacked code it would be possible to go beyond the silly 'freeslots' system and to a true new mobj and state system. It would also open the floodgates for an implementation of DECORATE or similar, which would vastly simplify and enhance new object creation.

For an example of how to do a dynamic array, see SRB2CINEBLAST on the SVN. The mobjinfo is given it's freeslots and such at runtime and then it's entries are added to the new, dynamic array. Note that I incorrectly commented at one point ("double" rather than "add 2") and also, it may be better to simply allocate enough for one more entry to avoid breaking systems with low RAM.

<Conic> You know, if SRB2 used a plugin system with hooks for gametypes, I'm sure there would be a lot more out there right now.
<Phantom> Conic: whar :|
* MonsterIestyn (iestynjeal@cpc2-cdif11-2-0-cust754.5-1.cable.virginmedia.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 180 seconds)
<csmgiw> whirblegirblegirble
<Conic> Just imagine
<Conic> gt_koth.c
<Phantom> :/
<Phantom> Great?
<Conic> It would make it much easier to add gametypes. The current system is just scary.

I'd have to agree with Conic, there.

I don't know how crazy this'll sound but...
Eggrock Zone Act 3;
Like Metropolis Zone which is the only zone with 3 whole acts.

It would make more sense to just not add a boss to Castle Eggman Zone. Here is how the storyline would be:
With CEZ boss:
"Sonic and friends enter a castle that Eggman had built for no reason whatsoever. They come upon Eggman (who has no reason to be there) again, and defeat him, being sent to Arid Canyon Zone at the same time."

Without CEZ boss:
"Sonic and friends enter an abandoned castle made fo Eggman. Along the way, the hit various obstacles and traps set before. They find a giant tube near the middle of the castle that leads to Arid Canyon Zone"

Plus, it would save time, depending on how detailed the fight is (Like GHZ3, which would take about five minutes, or like ERZ3, which took hours).

Also, I think my ideas for new game modes (Emerald Scramble, Steal the Bacon, Death Tag) should be considered.

It would make more sense to just not add a boss to Castle Eggman Zone. Here is how the storyline would be
You choose a logical storyline over more content? Besides, CEZ2 is incomplete and doesn't end at that tube.

Also, I think my ideas for new game modes (Emerald Scramble, Steal the Bacon, Death Tag) should be considered.
SRB2 already has quite a lot of gametypes, and you probably shouldn't expect any more to be added. You can always find somebody to code them for a custom EXE though.

Of course, that content will never be released, as we've transformed the project into SRB2SNK, which I assure you also tops ERZ2 at points.
You're not a particularly good troll.

Well, honestly, more content? It's a boss battle. IMO, I don't like them, but that has nothingto do with what i am trying to get across. And about the gametypes, I don't expect them to make anymore, I just would like to see them in the game in one way or another. I like being a part of stuff.

I mean, to make man. And I excagerated because it could take a while if you don't know how to make the characters smaller than normal size, to make it. Yeesh >_>

Doubt it, how can a fighter top a platformer?
It's actually kind of like the Subspace Emissary in Brawl, but with more platforming and less fighting. In fact, for the normal enemies, you can just play like normal SRB2 and jump on them, although punching, kicking, etc, works too. It's just the bosses that differ from SRB2.

It's actually kind of like the Subspace Emissary in Brawl, but with more platforming and less fighting. In fact, for the normal enemies, you can just play like normal SRB2 and jump on them, although punching, kicking, etc, works too. It's just the bosses that differ from SRB2.

So. . .basically it is gonna be like Knuckles game play from SA? (insert *lolwut* here)

Spectate option for race

Cuz it sucks when you just join a race server and most of people finished the race and then you try to run as fast as you can but still you get the TIME OVER thing

Character's own tune

Like, each character could have their own tunes for only a few stuff inside their wads, Invicibility, Super, Speed Shoes and Act level end, here's a sample, adding the Sonic 3 invicibility theme on an Amy wad, so it would play when Amy hits an invicibility box, it could also have a "bgmloop" line for the tunes

Note: When swapping character while one of these tunes are already playing shall not change the tune

Sonic Got Through Act 1, classic style

By classic, I mean that the results and the "Got Through Act" thing could appear like they do in genesis games, by appearing from some direction and going directly to the middle of the screen, they could also disappear going into some direction too, if you don't get what I mean, just click here

You know...I kind of preferred how in 1.09.4, the linedef flags each had a unique name, instead of some of them being called "Effect 1", "Effect 2" and so on. I think we should probably name each of them after their most general effect on linedefs. Here are my suggestions for names.

Effect 1: "Block Player Only" (Its most general property is to change the tangibility of FOFs to only block the player)
Effect 2: "Block Others Only" (Its most general property is to change the tangibility of FOFs to block everything except the player)
Effects 3 and 4: "Special 1" and "Special 2" (Yeah, not much better, but if we renamed all the others, they wouldn't be the third and fourth effect of anything)
Effect 5: "Stack Texture" (This is a no-brainer; it stacks textures on any linedef)
Effect 6: "Water Fog" (Since this is its only documented property)

It might initially confuse people to rename these flags, but I think in the long run it would actually make them easier to remember.

You know, that sounds like it could be a promising shield, but then keep in mind that it would make levels like Deep Sea Zone impossible.
Eliwood, maybe the jumping out of water effect could be activated if the player jumped and pressed the spindash button?
EDIT: Opps I'm a little late on my post ><

Last edited:
Hey guys,I just thought of an awsome idea for Egg Rock Zone.

Make a secret area that is easier which is sealed with an emerald door you can only open by having all 7 emeralds on both acts at the first of ERZ.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back