Should Character WADs be banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fawfulfan said:
Look, if you don't like character WADs, don't download them, and don't join a netgame that has them. Who cares if other people like them?

Let me just clarify one thing though: I'm actually pretty neutral about banning them from the Master Server. What I'm vehemently opposed to is banning them from being released on the message board.

If you where talking to me I am gonna say that I do like character wads and I was just complaining about one.

If you wheren't talking to me then I derserve to be slapped.

I don't see the point on releasing character wads on the MB anymore. Normally they'll be a remake of an old character, but more than likely they'll be rejected from the submissions if the creator of the wad tries to add a custom Soc. The creator uses an already made ability, and I would rather play Srb2's default characters. That leaves no room fro creativity.

sonic260 said:
I don't see the point on releasing character wads on the MB anymore. Normally they'll be a remake of an old character, but more than likely they'll be rejected from the submissions if the creator of the wad tries to add a custom Soc. The creator uses an already made ability, and I would rather play Srb2's default characters. That leaves no room fro creativity.

I don't get it, I shouldn't make a character WAD because it'll most likely be a remake, nor should I add a custom or default ability?

I'm suprised that not alot of people haven't pointed out that it's not character WADs that suck, it's BAD character WADs. Banning them would be a bad idea, because, well, how does it affect you? You use 'em or you don't!

sonic260 said:
I don't see the point on releasing character wads on the MB anymore. Normally they'll be a remake of an old character, but more than likely they'll be rejected from the submissions if the creator of the wad tries to add a custom Soc.
Not all of the new characters are replacements for old ones. (Such as Blaze, Rouge, Mighty, and the alpha release of Cream.) Although the replacements were much needed, as their predecessors clearly could have been better, and far less hideous or overpowered. Also, most of my characters have socs and they weren't rejected simply because they were present in the WAD, you might wanna be more specific.
NeoJames said:
I'm suprised that not alot of people haven't pointed out that it's not character WADs that suck, it's BAD character WADs.
You're missing the whole point of the topic. We're discussing whether or not character WADs should be banned because there are so many bad ones. (Well, they're no longer allowed or present on this MB anyway, but the MS is still having to put up with it.)

But how does it affect people that don't like character WADs? Is it really negativly affecting you?

Also, you would be banning good character WADs, Yes, I know, there arn't alot. But they do EXIST.

Also, there are alot of crappy Video Games, books, and TV shows. Do you want them banned to?

Dr.Pepper,Mighty was made before..and it was awful ^_^

I agree with NeoJames.

We have 2000 sucky crayon colors,let ban them!

I seriously think this discussion is going around in circles, about something that's been discussed previously. We're not banning character wads, this really shouldn't be a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back