Suggestions

You can have a Delayed Linedef Executor at the beginning of the level.

Or if you want to do it the lazy baby's way, a Gargoyle Box.

...You sure you don't have that isn't the other way around?

EDIT: Then again...

If you just have the Executor start moving a floor down (With the Gargoyle on top, of course) and lower it into an intangible FOF and time it, you can easily do the same without the need of an ENTIRE box, so... Yeah.

Last edited:
If the level overwrites the SRB1 unlockable, a level header option that turns the Iwad's Force Character configeration off.

I tried that and started getting sigsegv'd after that. After I asked on the irc I found out from Furious Fox that -1 disables Force Character. I have also updated the wiki with this info.

Code:
[15:42] <Kaysakado> Make it shoot the ERZ3 missle 
[15:42] <Kaysakado> just for lulz 
[15:42] <RedEchidna> Nah 
[15:42] <chase> you can't 
[15:42] <RedEchidna> Maybe later 
[15:42] <chase> its hard coded 
[15:42] <chase> :V 
[15:42] <Kaysakado> yes you can, Chase 
[15:42] <Kaysakado> I've done it before 
[15:42] <chase> well 
[15:42] <chase> It would be too small 
[15:42] <Kaysakado> lol 
[15:42] <chase> It would 
[15:42] <Kaysakado> I know 
[15:43] <Kaysakado> Though I think there might be a Scale action 
[15:43] <Kaysakado> If there isn't, it should be in 2.1 :<

A_FollowWaypoint SOC Action.

If Var1 = 0, go to next waypoint. (If you're at Waypoint 3, go to Waypoint 4. If Waypoint 4 doesn't exist, go to Waypoint 0.)
If Var1 = 1, go to specified waypoint. Var2 = waypoint to go to. (If Var2 = 257, go to Waypoint 257.)
If Var1 = 2, go to the waypoint equal to the object's angle (If angle = 180, go to Waypoint 180.)

This uses the same waypoint system that Zoom Tubes and Hang Ropes use.

Obviously, the SOCcer would need to set a specified waypoint for the object to go to first before going to the next waypoint. Otherwise bad things could happen. I think it could be useful for making some pretty neat enemies and bosses, though.

Personally, I'd like to use it to make an enemy that follows Hang Ropes.

Jetty-Syns need a makeover like the Crawlas, they seem too out of place the way they are now.

When using the 3D to 2D linedef executor, if you have NOCLIMB set on the linedef, the angle 2D goes at should be the angle of the Linedef.

Though I'd still prefer if we just had NiGHTs tracks for 2D.

You can have a Delayed Linedef Executor at the beginning of the level.

Or if you want to do it the lazy baby's way, a Gargoyle Box.
But what if the player dies? The linedef executor gets reset.

Basically, if a player dies at 1:04 and gets sent back to a starpost with his timer reset to 0:45, I want him to have 15 seconds until the 1:00 Executor goes off again.

Though I'd still prefer if we just had NiGHTs tracks for 2D.
Hell yes. Clockwork Knight 2 levels ahoy.

Super Sonic Should be Able to breathe in space. And underwater.
"That's how it was."
Actually, only Hyper Sonic could breathe underwater.

Basically, if a player dies at 1:04 and gets sent back to a starpost with his timer reset to 0:45, I want him to have 15 seconds until the 1:00 Executor goes off again.
Have you tried NoReload on the level header yet? By definition, it shouldn't reset the linedef executor's progress.

Ways to remove Chaos Emeralds.

"Linedef Executor - Remove Emerald [Floor height = the emerald's number/0 removes all]"
"A_RemoveEmerald - Var1 = emerald number [0 removes all]"
"Console - Devmode -> DelEmerald #/color[0 removes all]"

Make it so only pressing Escape or whatever the player chooses their menu button to be closes replays of time attack. There are times I would like to film replays I have with Fraps which is impossible because any button closes the replay. It's a little hard to try and record during a time attack.

Animate the Seaweed.
*is reminded of the suggestion for the Crawla Commander to use it's second frame set*

Make it so you can apply a Blue or Red Base Sector type to an FOF's bottom so that upside down people can activate it. Or make it so that in an Intangible Sector, if you go in it it will activate.

A type of FOF where you hover above it, depending on the linedef length. Could be used for floaty effects like in CNZ, and also for things like if an FOF falls too fast you fall off of it.

A type of FOF where you hover above it, depending on the linedef length. Could be used for floaty effects like in CNZ, and also for things like if an FOF falls too fast you fall off of it.
I'm pretty sure Wind/Currents can do this. Just make an intangible, invisible FOF with an upward wind or current.

Bring Thing Spikes back. Without them, there's several ideas which simply aren't possible anymore.
We should be able to use them both as scenery as they are now, and movable parts in gimmicks.
Deafing them should determine whether they float and stay intangible or if they have collision and fall.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Floor_Spike

Have you tried NoReload on the level header yet? By definition, it shouldn't reset the linedef executor's progress.
If the player died at 1:04, the linedef executor would still think the timer is 1:04, despite the fact that it has been reset to 0:45 when the player respawns. I want the linedef executor to trigger when the timer hits 1:00.

I can't really think of an elegant way of saying it. Basically, I want the linedef executor to be triggered by the timer you see on your hud. When you see "TIME 1:00", that's when it happens.

Last edited:
I totally get what you're saying. But I wasn't sure if NoReload would just leave things like you had never died, or if it would revert it to how they were WHEN you died. If the latter were true, a simple delayed linedef executor would work.

So essentially, right now you can only the ends of the spectrum: always trigger X seconds after (re)spawning, or execute it once after X seconds of total play on the level. What you want is an inexistant shade of gray.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back