SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

Super Transform Button Details »»
Super Transform Button
Developer Last Online: Dec 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating:
Released: 10-26-2017 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Scripts Re-Useable Content

This is Sonic Mania's Super Transformation Button. By having all 7 Emeralds and jumping, you can press the spindash button to turn into your super form. This will allow you to have the option to turn Super or to use your jump ability.

Credits to TehRealSalt for the Super Monitor sprites.
Credits to DirkTheHusky for the Spin Button indicator.

Download Now

File Type: zip SuperButton.zip (2.1 KB, 185 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 11-08-2017   #2
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Welcome to Releases!

hubjim
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017   #3
Elyos03

Guess what's back?
Spoiler:
This needs to be in 2.2
Old 11-09-2017   #4
GreenKnight9000

Has it really took this long for this to be implemented?!
When I practised Emerald collection in match, it was so annoying I had to die before getting the Emeralds so I can turn Super. Thank you so much!

(and yes, this SOOOO needs to be in 2.2)
Old 11-10-2017   #5
Solid Snivy
Does things with the stuff

Small suggestion, but how about a way to cancel out of your super form too? But it probably shouldn't be mapped to the spin button again though as Super Sonic can only fly by pressing and holding the spin button.
Solid Snivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017   #6
ThunderFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snivy View Post
Small suggestion, but how about a way to cancel out of your super form too? But it probably shouldn't be mapped to the spin button again though as Super Sonic can only fly by pressing and holding the spin button.
Well, if we're trying to be consistent with Sonic Mania, being able to toggle Super on and off would be inconsistent; however, I also think it would be a bit unbalanced to be able to do this because turning super on its own is a one-time thought out decision. When you decide to turn super you're deciding where and when you want to become invincible. If you take this concept away, you're left with an ability to go invincible anytime you decide you need that power to get through a portion of a level, giving the play a bit too much power in my opinion.

Overall, I think having a super button is fine; but being able to constantly turn it on and off is a bit ridiculous and inconsistent with the Super transformation system as a whole.
Old 11-11-2017   #7
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderFlame View Post
When you decide to turn super you're deciding where and when you want to become invincible. If you take this concept away, you're left with an ability to go invincible anytime you decide you need that power to get through a portion of a level, giving the play a bit too much power in my opinion.

Overall, I think having a super button is fine; but being able to constantly turn it on and off is a bit ridiculous and inconsistent with the Super transformation system as a whole.
To add to this, since this also supports match/CTF, you lose your emeralds once you're not super anymore, so the idea in itself is unbalanced and flawed.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8
CancerChris
Ya Boi

I've always thought that a good balance for the Super Off mechanic would be to make it so that you can only turn off super once you're below 50 rings. That way, you can't turn it back on, but you won't be left with 0 rings if you're in something like match, or you have a lifeline in Co-op.

Give it some consideration maybe?

Wus poppin'?
CancerChris is offline   Reply With Quote