SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2017   #1
Yoshirocks90
Eh, maybe later.

Default What's strange about you?

What are the strange/unusual things about you? This applies to how you look, act, and think.

For me, my strange things are:

I have nyctophilia, I can tolerate -10 degree (F) weather when I'm awake, but not 35 degree (F) weather when I'm asleep, and I have a tendency to skate when I walk (I'm serious about this - I prefer to skate, in sneakers, when I'm on tile or any other smooth surface)
Yoshirocks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017   #2
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

I suppose something strange about me is I have telephonophobia but I'm not really sure what else.
This is a strange topic to be starting in general.

Last edited by Rumia1; 10-17-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017   #3
TechnoGod
Game Breaker

I think it is safe to say everything is strange about me.
Lat': MT_CRYBRAKDEMON
Quote:
Snu: YEAH!!!
My Discord Server
TechnoGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017   #4
davee0
/H2MT<Please,just take it!>

Stranges thing about me is everything, when I am in multiplayer *of any game; and school, because why not ?

Edit: * ;
davee0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017   #5
Lach
Latch? Lock?? Lack???

I can stretch the width of my tongue out at will. I've never met anyone else who can do it. People think I'm an alien.
Combine Ring Monitors
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017   #6
SAMMY SWAG
I'm Lazy :v

Same as Techno. But I have the bonus of being able to do a high pitched anime girl voice at will.
Old 10-17-2017   #7
Ice
Pretty chill guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGod View Post
I think it is safe to say everything is strange about me.
Give us something specific!

I get sleep paralysis pretty often. If you haven't heard the term, it can be loosely stated as when your mind wakes up but your body doesn't, and although you can see and hear stuff around you, your body won't move. Although that doesn't sound so bad, for some reason your mind freaks out when it's in this state and can start hallucinating disturbing sights and sounds like voices, presences, choking sensations, etc. I usually feel like there's someone/something sinister standing over my bed as my bedroom slowly morphs into different places but it all goes away in a matter of a few minutes or seconds. It can even get sorta out-of-body at times. This is all well documented and happens to normal people and may have even happened to you in the past!

Here's a nice tip: next time someone shares their spooky story about how they experienced a ghost or a spirit or whatever, ask them if they couldn't move. Nine times out of ten they'll say yes, and it was probably just sleep paralysis!
Old 10-17-2017   #8
Yoshirocks90
Eh, maybe later.

Another thing: I often stand around aimlessly outside during the winter in shorts, a t-shirt, my glasses, and my shoes. Especially when the temperature is below zero. I often even go as far as grabbing handfuls of snow with my bare hands and just holding it.

And I'm not really sure if this can really be considered strange, but I can make my limbs go limp and make myself stare off into space.

Ah, yes... and then there's my habits of thinking and questioning things about the universe that are widely accepted as true and trying to disprove/better explain them.

EDIT: I also have this inability to love someone else. I'm 15 yrs and 11 months old and in 11th grade, and I've never been in a relationship, nor do I have a crush on anyone.

Last edited by Yoshirocks90; 10-17-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2017   #9
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

Everything I have fun with turns to girls. Smiles? Check. My closest friends? Check. Me? Check. Sometimes I wonder whether putting my work in 2.2 will essentially be a dirty bomb of cuteness for the community.

In more seriousness [s]but no less true[/s] my eyes are slightly different colours for some reason.
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017   #10
The Sin Heartless
The Outsider

The most strange thing about me is I'm the bad guy of the story. I refuse to walk the path of the mass, and I oppose the modern ways of thinking. My hatred for the modern culture which took everything away from me motivates and gives life to me.

I have given up on living by modern culture's rules and becoming "suitable" by their standards. I follow my own rules, support the communities and goals I deem invaluable and cut the ties which confine me. That's how I've become an outsider, watching communities from afar. But this time, I have reached the shores after "drifting" for a long time..

"Every story needs a villain and every ideal an opposition."
Old 10-18-2017   #11
Smith The Icefox
CHI DONT BREAK THIS FREAKIN

I can do an "alien thing" as Lach, i can just curl all my fingers without breaking them.
My Discord: Code#2962|Netgames Name: Kye or Code
Always looking for a trustable pal
Smith The Icefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017   #12
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Developer

I make a lotta noise. I hum a few notes on and off, really frequently to myself. I'm pretty sure it would get on some people's nerves, if I wasn't also a super quiet person :p
Old 10-18-2017   #13
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

I enjoy playing games others don't, especially oldschool games, I find them deeper and more fun compared to most of the modern games I have tried, But I don't like telling people I play those, they might probably consider me a weird, pleb, or Hipster if they knew lol.
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017   #14
Yoshirocks90
Eh, maybe later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
I enjoy playing games others don't, especially oldschool games, I find them deeper and more fun compared to most of the modern games I have tried, But I don't like telling people I play those, they might probably consider me a weird, pleb, or Hipster if they knew lol.
I play ZZT and Blocks From Hell for DOS.
Old 10-19-2017   #15
NeoLucario87
Hakai.

I can move my nose and sometimes reach it with my tongue, i haven't seen anyone else do that so i consider that a little weird.
Old 10-19-2017   #16
Tyler52
is actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoLucario87 View Post
I can move my nose and sometimes reach it with my tongue, i haven't seen anyone else do that so i consider that a little weird.
same here, if i tilt the tip of my nose down a bit

this thread itself seemed strange but i'm glad some interesting discussion is coming out of it! i don't really know what to say about myself, i'm a typical socially anxious young adult like you could find anywhere. i'm double jointed, and i used to be able to completely bend my index and middle fingers to the back of my hand, so i guess that's one strange thing about me lmao
Tyler52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017   #17
Ritz
cornstar

I literally run more than I walk and I have to move on the street to get around people. I'm obsessed with efficiency to the point where I wonder about things like how quickly I tie my shoeslaces relative to the rest of the population. Ever since I started working, this constant effort to consolidate my time has put me in this mindset where society is tar and all of my actions are a disruption to everyone around me
Old 10-29-2017   #18
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!

I drive a Smart Fortwo. Just laugh already, get it out of your system.

More seriously, I have a birthmark smack dab in the middle of my left hand, as well as having double jointed thumbs so I can do this:

Spoiler: Someone once told me 'wow! that's so easy to pop out!' and I was thoroughly disgusted.
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017   #19
Potatosack
funyn menme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
I literally run more than I walk and I have to move on the street to get around people. I'm obsessed with efficiency to the point where I wonder about things like how quickly I tie my shoeslaces relative to the rest of the population. Ever since I started working, this constant effort to consolidate my time has put me in this mindset where society is tar and all of my actions are a disruption to everyone around me
I'm a little bit like this, actually
Old 10-30-2017   #20
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Getting stuck in traffic must be hell for you two.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote