SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 02-22-2015   #61
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
- (+10~25 HPs, things that I might let you guys suggest, and of course new moves will be learnt.) -
Super Saiyin mode? ...No?

But either way, may I suggest, rather than only printing it in the console, also use center-echo (cecho) to display what one might learn and such in the middle of the screen with big text?
(Not sure if there is a function for that, but if not, you can use the function to execute a console command to execute a cecho command.)
It should still be in the console, so one can open it and re-read how to use moves and such.

And also 10% faster speed, jump height, or such at one point or another.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015   #62
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwip-Zwap Zapony View Post
And also 10% faster speed, jump height, or such at one point or another.
I don't think you might like this if you grew to uh... like level 10 would already be painful. (200% jump, same for speed etc.)

Now concerning screen-center text, I have to say that I totally agree with you since the console text is now overlapping the XP counter, and it's rather annoying. I'll check if I can do this, but this is not my main thing to do for the momment.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015   #63
Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Quote:
I don't think you might like this if you grew to uh... like level 10 would already be painful. (200% jump, same for speed etc.)
I said "at one point or another", as in for example at level 5, not any levels above nor below that, so the max percentage is 110%, not 400000%. Speed, jump, etcetera doesn't have to go up by 10% at the same level.
Quote:
Now concerning screen-center text, I have to say that I totally agree with you since the console text is now overlapping the XP counter, and it's rather annoying. I'll check if I can do this, but this is not my main thing to do for the momment.
Actually, I was more thinking about that I play in 1366x768, with the small console text size option, which is not really all that noticable when playing.
Old 02-22-2015   #64
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Unlikely, this section took me hours to be done, mostly because I made it a little too big and it needed things to be filled, or also because I had to do the XP mechanics while doing it. But I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far in this level, it has even nicer details than the first one.
Old 02-22-2015   #65
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Do I have to explain?
BTW a question, for you guys; is 30000 XP points fair for you considering you can get around 20000 in the first level and the rest there? Taking in consideration what I said before (Every level adds at least 15 HPs)
Old 02-23-2015   #66
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Because I was lazy to make them fall from the roof, they rise from the ground.
(Btw, this goes with ye olde GBA music)
Old 02-23-2015   #67
Zwip-Zwap Zapony

Quote:
BTW a question, for you guys; is 30000 XP points fair for you considering you can get around 20000 in the first level and the rest there? Taking in consideration what I said before (Every level adds at least 15 HPs)
I guess that's nice enough. Though that depends on whether 20.000 points is by simply playing through, not rushing it, or by point farming.
Old 02-23-2015   #68
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well there is a good ammount of enemies in the levels, considering you take some time to take down some, you should get those in 2 or 3 levels.
However, there are some invincibility candies that allows -for the price of backtracking- to earn at least 10, 000 XP points. if you do farm XP points, you can get up to Lv2 right before the 1st level's end.

Also, end of level bonuses are removed, you have to earn XP by beating enemies, which seems pretty logic for a Pokemon-esque mod. And for the sake of logic, I will TRY to make stronger enemies give you more than just 100 XP points like a normal one would do. (Not my main preoccupation tough.)
Old 02-24-2015   #69
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The submission thread was posted, you guys just have to wait until a mod approves it.
Talking about mods, may one lock this thread once the WAD gets released? Because it will be useless.
Old 02-24-2015   #70
Zero_the_artificial
A Weavile Enthusiast

Man, I think that this should be a MOD, so keep this thread to update levels. It has a lot of promise. But, if you think you don't need to/can't, then no problem. The Level Pack is enough for me at least.
Old 02-25-2015   #71
Xkower8181
btw do not touch the sonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_the_artificial View Post
Man, I think that this should be a MOD, so keep this thread to update levels. It has a lot of promise. But, if you think you don't need to/can't, then no problem. The Level Pack is enough for me at least.
Expanding what Zero said you can show here some your newer projects besides SRB2 not so Mystery Duegeon ;)
Xkower8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015   #72
Sapheros
That guy that ports

You guys DO know that SRB New Horizons is a thing... right? I'm sure Lat would spend some of his time on his mod than a quick mod he was making for fun.
Old 02-25-2015   #73
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hehe, since Ors came back there is a little chance to bring back NH one day.

More seriously, the 1.7 package is ready since ages, and I will probably release it after some bug checks. (With Icefield Volcano 1, 3 and Heaven Ascend 1.) Even tough, I'm not sure about this going farther than those zones for the momment.
Old 02-26-2015   #74
Zero_the_artificial
A Weavile Enthusiast

I said the mod thing because I thought we would get a lot of mods for SRB2 2.1, and it's been a year and yet nothing. I think this has enough potential to be a mod. But yeah, do what you want, it's your thread~

(also I think srb2 kart and topdown will be delayed because of 2.2, so it would be good to see a mod before 2.2)
Old 02-26-2015   #75
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well since 2.2 will take some time (or even years) to come, I guess SRB2MD should have some progress before that new version.
I'd also be really happy if the TopDown demo came into the 2.1 area, (same for kart btw.)
Old 05-13-2015   #76
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So, I'm bumping this because... uh... Oh right!
I present you... THIS! ...It's... not TOTALLY related to SRB2MD.
It's in spoilers tough because there are some big gifs.
I decided to post this here rather than in the SRB2MD thread because huh, just look at the HUD... Does it look like Pokemon-esque HUD? I'll have to face the j00dges once again with this.
What? This is obviously a Sylveon!

Spoiler: Uglyness

I know right, rocket-jumping-esque ability idea was already taken by Mr. Crawla Honcho, but for the sake of mobility, here it is! Doing it several times in a row (Not letting go the C2 button) allows to outspeed (Super) Sonic after 2~3 jumps.

Spoiler: More uglyness

Here is the -totally fair and balanced- Light Screen! While it takes 60 secons to charge, it reduces any incoming damage by 2 once it's active! And this includes damage taken by your own "MoonJumps", reducing damages from 3 to 1 HP taken off. It's also pretty stealth, the screen only shows up for 5 tics or so, with a pretty thin sound, so no one knows that you're bulky as fuck with 510 Def and Sp. Def EVs. I was also lazy to put in the Hurt frames.

There's also the Moonblast, but err, I guess you know what it does.

And for the sake of polish, I'll try to put a frame between the spring animation and the fall one, because it looks akward how the ribbons are teleporting like that.

*sees MotorRoach heading with a Shotgun* Woooops... I gotta go! ^^'
Old 05-13-2015   #77
tee2330

nice job with tools like these we could make that old JTE RPG project work, (but seriously this is looking less and less like a sonic game).
tee2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015   #78
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sylveon used rest!

...Not as powerful as in the main games, but it actually avoids Sylveon to be stuck in a platforming section where it needs health to Moonjump its way through. Don't worry, the sleep timer is gonna be removed, it was just here for testing purposes.
Old 06-28-2015   #79
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is officialy my "random bullshit" thread, and....

I feel like there are not enough ERZ-themed levels.
(Also yeah this is some early start I got us here.)

Probably for the next OLDC contest?
Old 06-29-2015   #80
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Do I have to explain?