SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2015   #21
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult
 
Arcade Gamer's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
Well I actually have some scripts around there, so it should be allowed if it comes down to submissions one day.
So, who is the DUMBPLACEHOLDER?
Arcade Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015   #22
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

It's 01000100011101010110110101100010010100000110110001 10000101100011011001010110100001101111011011000110 01000110010101110010001000000110100101110011001000 00010100110111100101101100011101100110010101101111 01101110001011000010000001101001011101000010000001 11011101100001011100110010000001101111011000100111 01100110100101101111011101010111001100100000011011 00011011110110110000101110001000000100001001110101 01110100001000000110010001101111011011100010011101 11010000100000011101000110010101101100011011000010 00000110100101110100001000000110111101101110001000 00011101000110100001100101001000000111010001101000 01110010011001010110000101100100001000000011101001 001111

Sure it's just sprites ripped from the Internet but it's not like I was going to release this without without the script ...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015   #23
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

Holy shit DUMBPLACEHOLDER, I searched for you everywhere in GFZ1 as we were supposed to meet there for another dumb .gif, and you went HERE instead? ... You say this is a .png this time? Oh alright.



More seriously, this wasn't a standalone health system, I couldn't just let it be like that, I HAD to do at least one level related with it.
Oh also I'll start working on a guard system.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.

Last edited by "Lat'"; 02-18-2015 at 06:48 PM.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015   #24
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!
 
StarmakerJasper's Avatar
Default

This is slowly becoming SRB2 Mystery Dungeon. Do want. It's really a darn shame randomly generated stages won't ever be a thing though, because this has some serious roguelike potential.

Also I'm not sure what direction you're going with the enemies, whether or not they'll grow stronger as time goes on and inflict more damage or whatever; but can the damage enemies deal to you be more randomized? Personally it's a bit weird to have everything inflict 10 points of damage on you. You could probably make damage vary ever so slightly with every hit by 1 or 2 points, and you could have generally stronger enemies (Crawla Commander compared to your everyday Crawla) deal more base damage as well!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwagon
>proceeds to throw book on floor and run around the library screaming "THE PINK IS REAL."

Last edited by StarmakerJasper; 02-18-2015 at 09:23 PM.
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015   #25
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper the Fox View Post
This is slowly becoming SRB2 Mystery Dungeon. Do want. It's really a darn shame randomly generated stages won't ever be a thing though, because this has some serious roguelike potential.

Also I'm not sure what direction you're going with the enemies, whether or not they'll grow stronger as time goes on and inflict more damage or whatever; but can the damage enemies deal to you be more randomized? Personally it's a bit weird to have everything inflict 10 points of damage on you. You could probably make damage vary ever so slightly with every hit by 1 or 2 points, and you could have generally stronger enemies (Crawla Commander compared to your everyday Crawla) deal more base damage as well!


Jasper you are a fucking genius.
You reminded me that LJ Sonic sent me a random-generating Labyrinth wad. I've never check btw... But chances that I even understand what he did put in there, or if it WORKS good enough to handle being repeated for at least 10 floors are thin, really :/ (Not underestimating Lua, but SRB2 itself)


Concerning enemies it shouldn't be that hard for me to figure out how to vary damages depending on the Mobjtype. (Gonna rip Quickman again)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #26
TheDoctor
 
TheDoctor's Avatar
Default

To bad my pkmd map pack was lost due to my computer being broken. This would have completed the pack to be a true pkmd representation.
__________________
Portal Disco Anyone?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCVs...ature=youtu.be
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #27
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

Oh please no, LJ's thingy works...



The only problem with it is that it doesn't always generate big rooms in which ones I could put items or stairs (Those has to be randomized too) and as he as a fair superior Lua programming skill than I have, I think the best way to make this SRB2-MysteryDungeon a thing is to ask his help, sadly, he's not been online recently on Skype. (He was the last week :/)

EDIT: OOps I almost forgot the gif X)

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Alright Jasper I've took what you said in consideration, and I plan to make the player's max HPs increase after each boss. (Like Zelda does)
It will fit the fact that enemies will become stronger and take multiple hit to be defeated

Anyway, normal Crawlas are dealing a single HP loss, while red ones make you lose 3 of them.

The player will start the game with 20 HP (I guess it's enough with 1 dmg enemies)
However, while I have an idea of an object that increases HPs, I'm not sure about how I could keep its effect after each level, maybe I could make the game consider those things ARE chaos emeralds, they will remain trough level. Anyway I'll work on that later I have to go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #28
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

Triple post yay.
Anyway, the sample level I'm making is coming around quite nicely, without forgetting to introduce SAMPLETEXT that will give you some hints by flooding your screen.



Shit I have to go, again...
say "/me is brb"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #29
Zero_the_artificial
A Weavile Enthusiast
 
Zero_the_artificial's Avatar
Default

Nice work Lat! My suggestion is to bring back Doom's Super Shotgun into this. slow down the tackle a bit, it looks like you blast into space whenever you tackle. Make it a bit slower. Also, you should add some other attacks like Thunder, or anything that is related to the pokemon you are using (If you even are using a pokemon.).
__________________
Weavile slayed Dragons before it was cool. ᕙ(⌐■ᨎ■)ᕗ
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TemmieIsGod
Zero_the_artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #30
Xkower8181
btw do not touch the sonic
 
Xkower8181's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
It's 01000100011101010110110101100010010100000110110001 10000101100011011001010110100001101111011011000110 01000110010101110010001000000110100101110011001000 00010100110111100101101100011101100110010101101111 01101110001011000010000001101001011101000010000001 11011101100001011100110010000001101111011000100111 01100110100101101111011101010111001100100000011011 00011011110110110000101110001000000100001001110101 01110100001000000110010001101111011011100010011101 11010000100000011101000110010101101100011011000010 00000110100101110100001000000110111101101110001000 00011101000110100001100101001000000111010001101000 01110010011001010110000101100100001000000011101001 001111

Sure it's just sprites ripped from the Internet but it's not like I was going to release this without without the script ...
It's Sylveon ( I just putted it in binary to text and it speels out [X�!cehol`�ȁ�̀Sylveo�]7as obp���́�ol. Buۉ�4 tell ]ۈthe th�XY�� and that Sylveo part just only thing i needed to see it's Sylveon. Now I fell like Tails lol).
__________________
Spoiler:
hi you just wasted some second of your live on this
enjoy
Xkower8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #31
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_the_artificial View Post
Nice work Lat! My suggestion is to bring back Doom's Super Shotgun into this. slow down the tackle a bit, it looks like you blast into space whenever you tackle. Make it a bit slower. Also, you should add some other attacks like Thunder, or anything that is related to the pokemon you are using (If you even are using a pokemon.).
Well the tackle is also supposed to be a kind of boost that allows to save time, but I can give it some more sense by just saying this is QuickAttack instead. Also there will be others attacks of course, I talked about a guard thingy, and there is also that nu-I agree this is Moonblast.
The only problem is that there are only 3 Custom buttons, but well, we can make some use of them, they can have multiple functions depending of some factors.

EDIT: Also shotgun is well represented by the ScatterRing actually :P

Oh also in the next screenshot you will all be able to see how good those ripped sprites are because of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkower8181 View Post
It's Sylveon ( I just putted it in binary to text and it speels out [X�!cehol`�ȁ�̀Sylveo�]7as obp���́�ol. Buۉ�4 tell ]ۈthe th�XY�� and that Sylveo part just only thing i needed to see it's Sylveon. Now I fell like Tails lol).
Shit I got spotted (x2)
Also the full message was:

Dumbplaceholder is Sylveon. This was obvious lol. But don't tell it on the thread!

Sadly looks like your binary converter did shit of the last part of the text :/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.

Last edited by "Lat'"; 02-19-2015 at 04:46 PM.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015   #32
Xkower8181
btw do not touch the sonic
 
Xkower8181's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat'";765399]Well the tackle is also supposed to be a kind of boost that allows to save time, but I can give it some more sense by just saying this is QuickAttack instead. Also there will be others attacks of course, I talked about a guard thingy, and there is also that [SIZE=&quot View Post
nu-[/SIZE]I agree this is Moonblast.
The only problem is that there are only 3 Custom buttons, but well, we can make some use of them, they can have multiple functions depending of some factors.

EDIT: Also shotgun is well represented by the ScatterRing actually :P

Oh also in the next screenshot you will all be able to see how good those ripped sprites are because of this:



Shit I got spotted (x2)
Also the full message was:

Dumbplaceholder is Sylveon. This was obvious lol. But don't tell it on the thread!

Sadly looks like your binary converter did shit of the last part of the text :/
Sorry for ruining the thing but yeah my binary translator just made this like punch of random stuff and like SYLVEON putted somewhere into it.
__________________
Spoiler:
hi you just wasted some second of your live on this
enjoy
Xkower8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015   #33
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

Oh I guess this is not really a problem, anyway I had to show it one day or the other.

diesla and mentlegen, here is DUMBPLACEHOLDER in third person!


WOW SUCH SPRITES RIP 2MLG 2BRAVE 2SPOOKY4ME SUCH INTERNET RESEARCHES WOW OH DHSCSVKLVH
If only I had somewhat good spriting skills :<

Also, as you can see there are only 20 HPs now, they will increase after eaach world-end boss, by collecting what the game considers as a Chaos Emerald.

Btw, today is the last school day before holyday, this means I will probably release a demo of this within two weeks, stay tuned :P

EDIT: By the way a question: How can I make DB2 not force uppercase on every lump when I save? (Because DUMBPLACEHOLDER likes turning into a lifeicon or a end-level sign.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.

Last edited by "Lat'"; 02-20-2015 at 06:58 AM.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015   #34
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.
 
Zwip-Zwap Zapony's Avatar
Default

[QUOTE="Lat'";765448]-EDIT: By the way a question: How can I make DB2 not force uppercase on every lump when I save? (Because DUMBPLACEHOLDER likes turning into a lifeicon or a end-level sign.)[/QUOTE]By saving the maps in a different Wad than the character, and then just merging them when you're ready to release it. Sorry, I can't help more than that, since I use SRB2 WorkBench for building.

Oh, and by DB2, do you mean Doom Builder 2.0, or [URL="http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=36457"]SRB2 Doom Builder 2.0[/URL]? I don't know if using the SRB2 version would save lowercase lumps, and I don't know if it's outdated/how much it's outdated, compared to the Doom version.

Edit: Why is this not using the BBCode that worked just fine in the message creation thing?
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015   #35
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

Well I'm using the DB2 I downloaded from these forums (SRB2 DoomBuilder 2.0)
But for some reasons it totally refuses to even start the map using the test tool, it says that there is a missing WAD file. (amazing.) and it saves all lumps on uppercase.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015   #36
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.
 
Zwip-Zwap Zapony's Avatar
Default

Well, I'm sadly no expert on (SRB2) Doom Builder 2 (nor really SRB2 WorkBench), so I don't know what's with the "missing Wad file" thing, nor why it saves all lumps as uppercase. Maybe someone else here does.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015   #37
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default Sonic used Light Screen! Some updates and a little help from you guys needed...

Syl... uh Sonic (?) used Light Screen!



Here is an early prototype of the Guard thingy, basically, a LightScreen will spawn in front of you and cover you from any hit, even tough it's gonna drain some Hunger, still less than the nuke tough.
You will of course be unable to move while using it, and it will disapear by itself after some seconds.

Now concerning other things.

1. It's very, very minor thing (even more for you as you didn't play the game) but the tackle will drain 5 hungerpoints instead of previously 10 (Because I find 10 is way too big for the damaging move you will spam in the whole fucking game.) Also you can only tackle if you move fast enough, it avoids "being blasted into the space" :3

2. The sample level is still in developpement, it's having a good progress and I'm almost sure there will be a miniboss for its release. Here are some screenshots of how it currently looks.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

And tha... Oh wait no I almost forgot...

Remember that text saying that jumping on enemies is a bad idea?
Well I myself can't fucking figure how I can make the player hurt if it jumps on an enemy. I could've just check the way it works in rosy.wad BUT IT HAD TO BE COMPRESSED. If someone could just tell me how I could do this...

Here, that's all~
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015   #38
Xkower8181
btw do not touch the sonic
 
Xkower8181's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Lat'" View Post
Syl... uh Sonic (?) used Light Screen!



Here is an early prototype of the Guard thingy, basically, a LightScreen will spawn in front of you and cover you from any hit, even tough it's gonna drain some Hunger, still less than the nuke tough.
You will of course be unable to move while using it, and it will disapear by itself after some seconds.
Hey that great but does it work againts exploding stuff like custom made exploding missles (like my Elite Moving Turret Crawla projectiles) or explosion (bomb) rings?

Edit: Also what's about SRB2 New Horizons? I think that level pack had potensial but where it is i don't seen any sort of progress after beta release of Icefield Volcano Zone Act 3......
__________________
Spoiler:
hi you just wasted some second of your live on this
enjoy

Last edited by Xkower8181; 02-20-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Xkower8181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015   #39
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
"Lat'"'s Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkower8181 View Post
Hey that great but does it work againts exploding stuff like custom made exploding missles (like my Elite Moving Turret Crawla projectiles) or explosion (bomb) rings?
There is only one way to find out...



(Dat screen hitbox too :3 )

EDIT: The LightScreen is a solid item, this means that nothing can get past it, even blast radius is stopped.
As you can see the screen is now fading and disapearing with the time.
EDIT2: ikr Sonic is flashing during the gif, but the second missile cleary hits the wall when Sonic stops flashing and is vulnerable, I guess this demonstrates how useful it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkower8181 View Post
Edit: Also what's about SRB2 New Horizons? I think that level pack had potensial but where it is i don't seen any sort of progress after beta release of Icefield Volcano Zone Act 3......
Well I never said this was canned, because it's true that this has a nice progress. But Ors has mysteriously left the forums etc, and I'm not feeling like doing the rest of the levels alone, along with enemies, bosses spriting and scripting. However I could eventually bump this old shit to release the current beta content and say the developpement has been stopped until further notice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronydude2k5 View Post
If you make me a Sash Lilac wad, I'll make you a sonic sprite hack of any choice.

Last edited by "Lat'"; 02-20-2015 at 08:36 PM.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015   #40
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.
 
Zwip-Zwap Zapony's Avatar
Default

Well... I would like to help with the jump-and-get-hurt thing, but I'm not sure what causes one to deal damage instead of taking it... Maybe the player.pflags & PF_JUMPED thing, maybe something else. All I can suggest is try
Code:
if player.pflags&PF_JUMPED
player.pflags=$1-PF_JUMPED
end
somewhere in the script, but I won't guarantee it'll do the trick, and I'm also fairly certain it'll cause a few bugs, but hopefully I'm incorrect. And I don't know where you got "rosy.wad", so I can't check that.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.