SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > SRB2.org > News

Old 09-11-2013   #181
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Honestly I like how 2.1 changes the way the game is and makes it more formidable to the other players. I don't know if this is possible, but if you could can you try to make room for a difficulty setting? Easy and Medium have the 2.1 version while Hard has 2.0.6 version. No rewards for beating easy, a simple reward for beating medium, and All of the rewards for beating Hard. I'm not sure if there is enough data to power in the game with all those levels but for a single player experience it feels more better so players can test their skills differently. (I'm new to here and this is my first post so forgive me if this is the wrong area to post in!)
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #182
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

I don't understand. Why would hard mode be 2.0.6? 2.0 isn't any more difficult than 2.1, it's just not as good.

Besides, there are already several ways in which players of different skill levels can challenge themselves differently. For one thing, the character choice. It's much more difficult to beat the game as Sonic than it is to beat as Tails. Then there's Record Attack to add an extra challenge to the single player stages. As for rewards, you get them for collecting emblems, which is a challenge in and of itself. So I don't see a need for difficulty modes when SRB2 already caters effectively to people of different skill levels. Compare this to the old difficulty modes in 1.09.4 and before, which made little difference besides adding a few more enemies here and there in hard mode.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013   #183
M.V
Alright!

Whoa! Many of those me nor I had still seen, it was not posted in SRB2.org.

Last edited by M.V; 12-10-2013 at 01:29 PM.
M.V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #184
Zuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.V View Post
Whoa! Many of those me nor I had still seen, it was not posted in SRB2.org.
Actually, it was the first time we all saw 2.1 content in SRB2.org (yeah that long ago) Earlier than this, a tiny version was posted here on the forums.
https://www.srb2.org/2011/06/small-2-1-preview/
Zuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #185
M.V
Alright!

It was in 2011, two years of work, good progress !