SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2008   #1
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default =[SRB2 Star Wars Mod - FINAL RELEASE!!!]=

Here is my biggest project ever! I made the first sprite in August of 2007. The circle is now complete in June of 2008.
SRB2 Star Wars was meant to be more of a visual mod, as opposed to JTE, or SRB2 Riders. I'm not saying that this mod has no SOCcing, or anything like that, but it has a ton more visual than anything else. But anyway, here are a few screenies:







Also, you can view the official trailer for this mod here.

And finaly, the NEW download link:

SRB2 Star Wars-Final (Über Fixed)
**Only 53mb!!!...instead of 158mb...

Here is the updated version of the formerly know as "Deathstar Orbit" level:

deathstar_level.wad

***INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS***
Steps:
1.) Put the m03 file in your srb2 folder
2.) Download the deathstarlevel.wad file and put it into your srb2 folder if you haven't done so already
3.) Make a txt file and lable it "SRB2 Star Wars Launcher"
4.) Open it and paste this in it : Srb2win.exe -file SRB2_Star_Wars_Final.m03 deathstar_level.wad
5.) Click "Save As"
6.) Where it says "Save as type:" put "Any File"
7.) Where it says "File name:" put "SRB2 Star Wars Launcher.bat"
8.) Click "Save"
9.) Put the file you just saved in your srb2 folder
10.) Double Click it to play the SRB2 Star Wars Mod!

-[Credits]-

-Morph for the levels and the Vader Boss SOC
-Camouflage (aka camo man) for a level
-zck2020 for everything else
-John Williams for most of the songs
-Newgrounds for the remixed songs

Enjoy!

EDIT: YES, I know the Vader boss is really easy to beat, please just shut up about it. If you want to port it to 2.0, feel free to do so. Just include the original credits as well.

Last edited by zck2020; 01-19-2013 at 04:57 PM.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #2
Mikesword221
The man with no plan.
 
Mikesword221's Avatar
Default

You misspelled the title. Any way I'll go ahead and download cause I remember this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazon
For one to beat this game so perfectly one must have no life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arf
<Arf> Hiking is for pussies
<Arf> coding is the new REAL MEN job
Mikesword221 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #3
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

Thanks. XD I fix'd the title.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #4
Sniperific
 
Sniperific's Avatar
Default

OMG O_O, that looks awsome *downloads at the speed of sound*

EDIT - when i downloaded this i only got the batch and the bak and no wad.
Sniperific is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #5
Kalaron
Default

158 MB?! Wha...how much stuff is in this?
Kalaron is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #6
Chaos Knux
Daww, a mother and her foal
 
Chaos Knux's Avatar
Default

A Laaaaaaaawt of stuff.
__________________
Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waíse sköliro fra rauthr.
My Friend Codes
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves; Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
SUPER NARWHAL, MY MUFFIN!
Chaos Knux is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #7
Sniperific
 
Sniperific's Avatar
Default

Hey you may wanna fix r2d2 as it crashes the game when you use a spring >.<
Sniperific is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #8
Jacy
Now with less viruses
 
Jacy's Avatar
Default

Yay! The star wars mod is finally out. :D
__________________
There should be some sort of witty signature comment here, but I can't think of one right now.
Jacy is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #9
U S S
 
U S S's Avatar
Default

COOL!! *downloads*
U S S is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #10
Kalaron
Default

It's ridiculous how good your trailer is.
Kalaron is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #11
hyperson
Default

can you have a mirror download?
hyperson is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #12
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Snipe
Hey you may wanna fix r2d2 as it crashes the game when you use a spring >.<
Dang! It's the infamous capitalization error! D: I'll fix that. In fact, I'm uploading the fix'd version now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperson
can you have a mirror download?
Find me a free uploader site that can take 158 MB and I'll do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Knux
A Laaaaaaaawt of stuff.
No kidding, but it's worth it. (BTW try and see if you can find all the eastereggs I've put in there.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Snipe
EDIT - when i downloaded this i only got the batch and the bak and no wad.
That's because it is a bak file. It's a long story. Just use the bat file as a launcher and it will work. Plus having it as a bak file lessens the odds of n00bs dissecting it.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #13
hyperson
Default

ffh free it is.
hyperson is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #14
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

ffh only 50 MB it is.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #15
Kalaron
Default

Started downloading it 35 minutes ago, 3 minutes left, don't tell me your re-uploading it....
Kalaron is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #16
Luminous
Default

I'm disappointed. You only made, like, a couple of levels. Wait, their other peoples levels. I wanted to see some levels from you. Change your songs. The invincibility song isn't fitting. Perhaps a "you did it!" song? The boss was pretty bad, counting how the Vador boss is unoriginal; move and shoot. Amazing.

Is their any particular reason why you edited a little bit of every level? Please note that the Robots can be easily confused as enemies. Enemies are basically edits of others; what the hell is that alien thing?

That level is not so good. As stated in the Wiki, running for switches isn't a good idea. And keep the Size Sonic size, not Star Wars size.
3/10

Desolite Twilight was the music I switched to to save myself.
Luminous is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #17
Sniperific
 
Sniperific's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashFox2007
Started downloading it 35 minutes ago, 3 minutes left, don't tell me your re-uploading it....
It only took me 5 mins :S

Also ill get a mirror download ready (if possible)
Sniperific is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #18
zck2020
 
zck2020's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Fox
I'm disappointed. You only made, like, a couple of levels. Wait, their other peoples levels. I wanted to see some levels from you. Change your songs. The invincibility song isn't fitting. Perhaps a "you did it!" song? The boss was pretty bad, counting how the Vador boss is unoriginal; move and shoot. Amazing.

Is their any particular reason why you edited a little bit of every level? Please note that the Robots can be easily confused as enemies. Enemies are basically edits of others; what the hell is that alien thing?

That level is not so good. As stated in the Wiki, running for switches isn't a good idea. And keep the Size Sonic size, not Star Wars size.
3/10

Desolite Twilight was the music I switched to to save myself.
First of all, I can't make levels for crap, I can edit their content, but I can't make them. So that's why other people made the levels. Secondly, I edited the existing levels because I wanted to. And, I think change can be fun. And for your information, there are exactly 4 new levels. And the people who made those levels made them FOR this mod. Meaning they offered to make levels for me and I said yes. Thirdly, I am not going to change the the songs to anything but star wars because this is a STAR WARS MOD! And the invincibility song is SO fitting, your crazy to think otherwise. XD (And wtf is a "you did it!" song?) Anyway, the vader boss is more complex than you say. He shoots, walks, charges, and jumps. So, if you want to moan and groan about originality, don't for a second accuse me of being un-original! I have been putting massive amounts of concentration on how to make this mod as unique as I know how to make it! And when you said "Please note that the Robots can be easily confused as enemies. Enemies are basically edits of others; what the hell is that alien thing?" The robots...uh...ARE the enemies! XP And duh, the enemies are edits. If you haven't noticed, I have a minute knowledge of complex SOCcing, so editing is the best I know how to do, pal. And that alien thing is Jar Jar Binks: A rly annoying character that was put in the movies as a supposed comic relief. "And keep the Size Sonic size, not Star Wars size." ...uh...I'll keep it Star Wars size for one main reason: IT IS A STAR WARS MOD. Be thankful any new levels are in there. I write this response not as a flame, but an explanation. Judging by your review, you obviously haven't a clue about Star Wars. I suggest next time you write a review, you write a well-informed one. And as I stated in the initial post, this mod is more visual than anything else. A total conversion, if you will. Please don't take this as an angry post, because it's not. It's an explanatory post. I am also deeply offended that you are so quick to look down upon a project that I have been working on ever since I joined this forum. The goal of this mod is not to mix in a little star wars with sonic, but to make star wars merge with sonic. Thank you for reading my opinion.
zck2020 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #19
sonic260
The Elementor
 
sonic260's Avatar
Default

It looks awesome! I'm down loading it into my jump drive now. Once its finished I am sooooooooooo erasing the zip file.

And critics never look at another persons point of veiw
__________________
I think I love Buizel too much?...nah XD
sonic260 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008   #20
Kalaron
Default

The levels in this mod didn't have a sonic like feel to them, they felt more like Doom levels. I absolutely loved the way the space levels looked and played, I wouldn't dock you EDIT:( and other people who worked on this) points for not going with Sonic style levels, because the levels you(And other people) put in here were actually enjoyable, and when you're playing a game, having fun with the material is all that really counts, right? As a mod, this was creative and unique, all your sprites and textures looked fantastic. Who cares if there's not a lot of levels in here, it was really fun to play. This is what a mod should be, something that changes a game and makes it even more fun to play than before.
Kalaron is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SRB2: STAR WARS! zck2020 Editing 92 08-13-2008 04:44 PM
SRB2: Star Wars Beta 3.0! (Update) zck2020 Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 39 02-27-2008 01:19 AM
Srb2 Star Wars Alpha Download (Actual release this time) supershadow2 Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 70 10-31-2007 02:02 PM
Star Wars with SRB2 (continued) zck2020 Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 5 08-04-2007 11:18 PM
Star Wars with Srb2 zck2020 Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 4 08-04-2007 09:57 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.