Status
Not open for further replies.

hms1233112

my charicter got this error

"R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump EMERA0"

it has nothing in the wiki

P.S. how do you add a file to a post?

T3H WADZORZ

Hmm... I see a only a few things with this wad...

1: For some reason you turned on highres even though the sprites really aren't that big.

2: The last two Sprites seem to be uppercase when they should be lowercase.

Easy way to fix #2 is to:

1: Get the latest beta of XWE. (If you don't have it already)

2:Open up your wad in XWE, go up to "View" at the top of the window and click on "Options...", click the "Entry List" tab and then click the checkbox next to "Don't auto capitalize lump names" then just click "OK".

3: Change the bottom two sprites of your wads A and B to a and b (lowercase).

As for the first one just go into S-Skin and turn the "1" next to highres into "0" (without quotes of course).

If that doesn't work then change the lump "S-SKIN1" to just "S_SKIN"

P.S. I would advise against releasing this to the general public if that's your plan... People here aren't too fond of 2D characters...

hms1233112 said:
XWE does not work for me

Hmm... XWE is best IMO, never really tried Slumped (even though I have it for some reason).

You should still try and see if you can do the stuff I said though (If you haven't already).

P.S. Yeah it's always a good idea to have a test or two to see how things work...

Vista is usually a pretty crap OS, which might explain why XWE doesn't work...

But I don't see what having a vista has to do with anything. It shouldn't do anything different for a character wad...

Oh and just incase:
IMO = In My Opinion

OS = Operating System

hms1233112 said:
I am have vista on this computer and xwe does not work

Right click on the program. Select "Run as..." and select an administrator's account. That will always solve most problems on Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back