Soc Editor Help w/ Community Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
I am making a map with custom objects for Community Build and I downloaded SRB2CB's source code so that when I'm making the objects they won't be glitched up with Community Build's custom objects and things when the soc is loaded. I click on the Edit Things button and then the Soc Editor goes unresponsive until I close the program. I decided to test if the Edit Things button worked while using the original SRB2's source code. It came up without going unresponsive. So is the Soc Editor going unresponsive because I'm using SRB2CB's source or is it something else?

Last edited:
Did you separate the normal source code from the cb source code?

Yes, they are in separate folders. SRB2's source in src and Community Build's src in SRB2CB src. Should they be together?

Last edited:
I was going to suggest that you install the cb source into the normal src folder, make sure you make a copy or still have the installation file before you do this.
I did this with the srb2 morphed source code accidentally but it seemed to work. However I haven't tried it with the cb source code yet therefore I can't guarantee that it would work.

I was going to suggest that you install the cb source into the normal src folder, make sure you make a copy or still have the installation file before you do this.

Will it matter if I simply cut and paste the SRB2CB Src folder to the src folder or should I extract the file again but this time to SRB2's Src folder?

Because not all files in from cb src will replace the files in srb2 src, I think you need some of the original srb2 src files to be there for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back