I need help with my wad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty man

I know how to make a wad the only problem is xwe isn't working! it says out of bounds, and it doesn't show the setup options please help!! (im going to make a werehog wad as soon as xwe is working)

never mind it worked
ahh! now the toolbar isn't showing and I can't open wads or any thing!
I need help! (again)

Whenever XWE screws up, I use SlumpEd, it's not as flexible for characters wads, but it gets the job done. As for the bulk of the problem itself with XWE, it's been so long since I've used it that I can't recall how to fix it.

well I just found out how to use SlumpED so I geuss i'm okay(I can't make a werehog so i'm making mystic sonic for srb2 advance) thanks!

I did that but whenever I do anything with XWE (even try to close it down)
it says couldn't find werehog.wad, and I have leand to use SlumED so im
okay, which leaves me with one last problem,
MYSTICSONIC wad won't work!!! , its my new wad and theres something wrong with the sprites (there all doom gfx, and in the middle of the
screen)
I will show the skin and stuff later (I need too find out how to put it in a post)

name =MYSTICSONIC
face = MYSONIC
facename = SBOCLIFE
ability = 0
normalspeed = 34
thrustfactor = 3
accelstart = 122
acceleration = 30
spin = 1
startcolor = 200
prefcolor = 7
jumpheight = 100
boxindex = 0
highres = 0
runspeed = 30
runonwater = 1
allowsuper = 1
superspin = 0
supercolor = 1
nojumpspin = 0
superanims = 0
multiability = 1
lightdash = 1
homing = 1
ringslinger = 0
actionspd =80
waterskip = 1
mindash =60
maxdash =75
DSJUMP = DSTHOK
[edit]
SRB2 version = 109

Character 4
PlayerName = Mystic Sonic
PicName =
SkinName = Mystic Sonic
Status = 32
PlayerText = fast
Power Dash
sonic using a
mystic emerald,
seems normal....
huh?
#
[another edit]

I don't know how to add a link or submit my wad
(and its also messed up so I shouldn't submit it to a website)
what should I do!?

If you plan on releasing a recolor of SSNtails's sprites and calling it mystic sonic, then your wad will not get through.

Regardless, I will try to help you out on your wad so you at least understand how XWE works. Your problem is that your name value in your S_SKIN is not exactly the same as the SkinName value.

hes is a recolor, but not of supermysticsonic,
[spoiler:51f927dc5a]hes ment for srb2 advance hes from the sonic advance 2 sprites, and his attacks are based on sonic unleashed (kinda)( im still looking for the mod)
[/spoiler:51f927dc5a]

I think the problem is that I can't get the white back ground out of the sprite (i'm using paint) the error is....(just a momen't)

R_installspritelump: bad frame characters in lump FFWRDO

well thanks for that advice (it may be one of the problems, yes theres a ton)

Are you using XWE beta(purple?)
IIRC that problem is due to XWE automatically capitalizing a sprite.(Off of memory so...)

I need some help with XWE also. I want to make a wad, and yet when I open XWE up, all I get is a grey screen with no toolbar at the top for me to do anything. It's completely useless.

EDIT: I'm also running it on Windows XP with full administrative rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back