• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Wadding Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Both of which I do not possess. But in an SA-style battle with no ringslingers, I rule you all. :wink:

MAP01 - Hidden Palace Zone - 7/10
Wow. I quite enjoyed this map. The small platforms didn't bother me all that much, and I really liked the design. That green floor texture is really painful in low resolutions, so you might want to consider changing it for a future release. It definitely favors Tails, but I played with Sonic and didn't do bad at all. Quite a fun map overall.

MAP02 - Splash Fight Zone - 4/10
For an obvious first attempt, this really isn't bad. The springs into the water are a fun gimmick, and would make a nice gimmick map if done properly. However, the fact that all weapons exist in the map and there is such a high ratio of random monitors hurt the playability a lot. I would suggest Rail-Explosion, personally, because that would give you a major reason to hit a spring.

MAP03 - Tails Base - 6/10
Well, ignoring every area but the base, which is where everyone was, this was actually rather amusing. Obviously needs a reason to go to the rest of the map, but as a "OMG SHOOT THE 5 PLAYERS ONSCREEN" map it was rather amusing and quite fun. This map has major potential if you make the rest of the stage have items, and remove most of the items from the base.

MAP04 - House of Chaos Zone - 3/10
I don't really know how to say this, but I did not enjoy this map at ALL. It was boring, glitchy, and didn't seem to have any real redeeming reason to play it. The textures were rather painful and the design didn't give me any reason to play again. All of the "My house" maps that were literal I've ever seen suck, and sadly, this is no exception. I have seen a few my house maps that were fun because they made things that didn't exist in real life, like a sewer or a few secret passages. Try doing something like that and adding more rings inside. Obviously, all weapons is bad as well.

MAP05 - Subterranean Sickness Zone - 5/10
Hehe. Graphics were godly, because my computer can handle all the effects fine. As everyone said before, the lava shouldn't be deep, it's a little too dark. You might want to make it a little faster to navigate as Sonic, as well, as I ended up switching to Tails pretty quickly in the match to keep myself from losing very horribly. I REALLY do like the graphical style, though.

MAP06 - Triad Trials Zone - 1/10
I'm really sorry to say, but this map was plain unplayable. I had absolutely no fun on the map at all, because I was either bored, being killed by stupid death pits, or getting shot from someone I couldn't remotely see. It's way too big, hard to get around, and not that interesting when I actually could. I admit that a lot of effort must have been spent on it, but it utterly sucks. As individual rooms, they aren't really good. As a whole, it makes it even worse because I can't find anyone in a 6 player game.

Code:
      Zsh FFx hd3 441 S2P Mys Avg
MAP01 8.7 6.0 7.0 7.0 8.5 7.0 7.4
MAP02 3.6 3.0 2.0 3.0 2.0 4.0 2.9
MAP03 9.9 5.0     3.0 4.0 6.0 5.6
MAP04 7.4 4.0 9.0 6.0 6.0 3.0 5.9
MAP05 6.2 6.0     8.0 4.5 5.0 5.9
MAP06 9.7 7.5 8.0 3.0 7.0 1.0 6.0
  Avg 7.6 5.3 6.5 5.0 5.3 4.3 5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back