2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling that someone is gonna spill water on their computer and loose all the data the day before it's released.

It'd be just our luck.

Don't be silly. I'm pretty sure they backup their progress if anything was to happen like this.

Last edited:
We have more than enough backups that, assuming the servers themselves died, we'd have our collective work back together in a week or less. And that's the servers where the data is centralized.

If any (or even many!) of us lost our hard drives, it likely would not delay release any.

just to double check, under the new emblem system, is it possible to restrict emblems so that even if sonic and Knuckles can reach the same spot, only Sonic can pick it up? (Reason, Way too easy for Knux to get there but a challenge for sonic)

You can still just make old style emblems that only a single character can access:

srb20009a.png

Now personally I suggest if you're making anything new you not use the old emblem structure, but for the purposes of porting it works fine.

I fully understand, I just wanted to make sure I can still reward players for doing something that's hard for one character but isn't hard for another.

Last edited:
I want to ask a question that was never answered back in the April 2012 update? Will Secrets have multiple pages or will it still be one page? I would really like to have more secrets in mods and not be limited to a whole screen.

The secrets screen does not currently allow for multiple pages, but you don't have to display everything on it, and therefore you can select the secrets you want displayed to fit the important stuff, at least.

The secrets screen does not currently allow for multiple pages, but you don't have to display everything on it, and therefore you can select the secrets you want displayed to fit the important stuff, at least.

Uh... how many secrets can be listed before there's no more space on the screen? Is it still 8 secrets?

EDIT: Oh, and also, was the Emerald Hunt bug fixed? The one where after you complete an Emerald Hunt level, every level after that only takes finding one of the three emeralds to finish.

Last edited:
Red Volcano Zone

Several fixes have been made to the first act. The shortcut, which was substantially shorter than the other paths and used different lava behavior from the rest of the level, has been removed and replaced by a simple secret area. The level now features an unspecified new enemy.

Will it be that could specify that enemy?

hmm... what's this flaming fissure doing in the ground? 2.1 is coming? oh, that explains it...

but seriously, I for one am really glad to hear this, I only recently got back into srb2 routinely and this happens.

I'm hoping eggscalibur is still quite like the concept InstantSonic made (not gonna spoil anything about it in detail for those that haven't seen it) because if it is, i know a perfect zone for it in my mod already.

So it's finally happening eh? didn't think it would happen before I head off to University. Good for you dev team, I shall be looking forward to having a crack on this when it comes out.

Yay! I´m more excited for this release than for many official game releases. You guys are awesome!!

I don´t know if you will surprise as much as with Egg Rock Zone back in the day, but I will surely play a lot this game when it gets released :D Thanks for keeping the work on it!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'd like to see the linux ports put back up again. Callum's linux repos were really nice... and then they got lost, removed, or broken. :(

I would love to see SRB2 2.1 ported to the raspberry pi, a tiny $45 dollar computer. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

If no one wants to port it to the raspberry pi, I will, if only for my enjoyment. The pi runs linux, has 512mb ram, and is capable of rendering old games like doom... so it should work! At the very least it should be able to host a dedicated server.

Last edited:
You're welcome to port it, but be aware that the other branches haven't been maintained in four years, so you'll have a lot of cobwebs to clean out before it'll work in all likelihood.

So, how is the testing going? Please tell us everything that happens in testing. We are desperate for 2.1.

Patience, there. They can't ruin any surprises (if any), but after all, we can all wait less than two weeks~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back