Stuff missing/incompatible in 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSNTails said:
Buttons are looonnngg gone. See THZ2 in the 10th anniv beta.
Even S1 and S3K had buttons, c'mon >_> Also, I guess the THz2 turrent button doesn't count as that does a lot of weird things and is quite complex anyways to deserve a linedef executor.

Oh, well, I guess I'll have to stick with my S3K-like buttons... (yeah, I faked their shape using FOFs XD)

He IS talking about the buttons that open the Exit right? Well... that button you showed is the one one that kills the turret.

Edit:

11buttonsodamnfy9.png

>_< d'oh!!!

Chaos Knux said:
He IS talking about the buttons that open the Exit right? Well... that button you showed is the one one that kills the turret.

srb20000-1.png

Ash beat me, but what ever.

Still, normal buttons were quite straightfoward. A linedef button requires two actions, besides the triggering of the button itself. Also you had to set up two extra sectors (unless you were using the raise/lower linedefs, but setting by linedef length can be a pain sometimes, specially if you use a grid that doesn't give you the exact value, and normally it doesn't).

I guess beginners will find useful a prebuilt button. Limited, yes, but simple enough to learn and from there jump on linedef executors later :)

That sheild is the Force Shield, I was going to run with tails, but I might have missed the button.

OK I believe you now. I can't tell the difference between shades unless its like "midnight blue -> sky blue" different.

Yes, the buttons are still in 1.1. We mean the button sector type is no longer in 1.1. Those operate via linedef executors now instead of the old hardcoded SRB2 (SSN Edit kthx) method.

While the old buttons were slightly easier to make, this does make everything more consistant, as once the new guy learns how to make a button with linedef executors, he now knows how to make all sorts of other things with the exact same method. So instead of learning how to make buttons and later learning how to make linedef executors, now only one thing needs to be learned.

Ash said:
Trust me, it's not a big deal. You're better off just waiting for the final; not much is happening in the beta except for:

-Only 4 playable multiplayer maps (2 CTF, 2 Match)
-The new ring weapons (which are severely overrated)
-Emeralds (which you barely have time to find in a 5 minute Match)
-Super Forms (which are extremely overpowered with an attraction shield)
-New sprites

That's it. It's only a test of the match system. You aren't missing anything.
@1: lol? *shot*
@2: They seem good
@3: isint the attration shieeld being taken away like the homing ring?
@4: Cool! The crawlas now look untheathening, almost cute to an exent.
I guess ill take your word for it and wait for the publir relese of 1.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back