Stuff missing/incompatible in 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Warrior said:
I think he was looking at old revisions of SRB2Wiki's 1.1 article. The beta was leaked there. I killed all the revisions at that point, though, so now it's impossible to actually find it there.
OK, who was the stupid that leaked the beta using the Wiki? >_<

Does it really matter who did it? I mean, the 1.1 beta's been out for a while now, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was already leaked in other places without our knowing. But if someone gets it, who cares? The beta only has four maps, and it doesn't really have that much 1.1 in it anyway. =|

Ash said:
Does it really matter who did it? I mean, the 1.1 beta's been out for a while now, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was already leaked in other places without our knowing. But if someone gets it, who cares? The beta only has four maps, and it doesn't really have that much 1.1 in it anyway. =|
But i wanted to see the new match type and weapons! :(

Trust me, it's not a big deal. You're better off just waiting for the final; not much is happening in the beta except for:

-Only 4 playable multiplayer maps (2 CTF, 2 Match)
-The new ring weapons (which are severely overrated)
-Emeralds (which you barely have time to find in a 5 minute Match)
-Super Forms (which are extremely overpowered with an attraction shield)
-New sprites

That's it. It's only a test of the match system. You aren't missing anything.

Aren't you forgetting those spinning card-like things that are required to allow you to use the weapon ring it shows on it.

And there are 3 match maps, not 2 - Jade Valley, Thunder Citadel and Desolate Twilight, Jade Valley being the only new one.

If 1.1 has different tag settings and such, instead of 1, 2, 3, ect, shouldn't those be A1, A2, A3, so we don't have to go through all the trouble of conversions?

When 1.1 comes out, you will be able to run it through a conversion program which will change all the sector/linedef specials and texture names for you. Pretty much anything else will have to be converted by hand. 1.1 is not officially backwards compatible at all, but will be a lot easier to deal with because of all the reorganization. For instance, FLOOR0_6 is now GFZFLR02, if I recall. Most of the texture names are similarly more sensical, and all the linedef specials and thing numbers are organized into patterns which make sense.

This question has probably already been asked, but I can't find it:

Will all of the many character wads, level wads, and socs be usable in 1.1? Or will they all have to be reformatted?

Level WADs will need to be converted through the program. Character WADs will have the wrong palette and someone will need to convert them manually. SOCs will be completely broken and need to be remade.

Ash said:
-Super Forms (which are extremely overpowered with an attraction shield)
The attraction shield is already extremely overpowered in match-like modes in 1.09.4, so you're better off if the host disables it at all.

Why should I have to disable something that's available to make the game seem more balanced? I mean, it's there... Not using it is just a waste. =|

The attraction shield was meant with single player and coop in mind, not with modes where you can attack other players. Same with the armageddon shield. So it should only be used in those modes and nothing else (through it doesn't hurt in race much, and not at all in time-only race).

Back on-topic, I was wondering, are sector-based buttons going to stay? They're considered obsolete due to linedef executors, but they're a lot easier to deal with, and quite suitable for beginners. So, will they remain there, even if using a different interface? Maybe a linedef special? I was thinking:

Linedef tag = Button
Linedef front X = Door

I would just like to have them still in because they're a lot easier to deal with than linedef executors, and do the job quite well for simple cases :)

EDIT: forgotten a word. I'm forgetting a lot of words these days >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back