F-Zero GX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

I believe this is the part where I insert 1000 death animations of myself.

Anyone here who's actually experienced at GX and has unlocked most of the stuff in it? I need advice on certain Story Mode Chapters, namely "Captain Falcon Trains" and "Save Jody!". These missions are driving me insane, and it seems like I will never beat them. I haven't played a game this hard in a long time...

Man i love the story mode of that game, it is so hard its fun!
And with Save Jody, all i can say is complete and utter memorisation.
Complete and utter memorisation.
If you dont well, you are going to boost facefirst into a closing door, wait until you reach the grand prix now THAT is evil.

Practice in grand prix mode, for a start. Or just use the practice mode. With 29 CPU players. On master difficulty. (Complete all the cups in GP mode in expert)

For Captain Falcon trains, try to get as many capsules in one lap without slowing down or stopping; in V. hard mode, I managed it by collecting 2/3 capsules per lap. Make sure you never have a split in between a group of capules on the final lap. Use the default speed/acceleration setting.

In save Jody, you need to act fast. Continuously boost, don't even think about slowing down. You'll find the drifting (R and L triggers) the most useful. Use 50% speed setting, or set it to the maximum. You'll get a little less of a boost at max. speed, but a high acceleration isn't recommended. There comes a point where you will run out of boost power, and hardly any/no capsules are around.

I beat this with less than a second left. Good luck.

Note: You have no hope in hell of winning if you hit a wall in V. hard mode.

It's worth it. Beat V. Hard mode in story mode, and each chapter will unlock a new racer to buy. Hard mode gives you new pieces, and I'm pretty sure new tracks, too. I can't remember.

How 'bout we add a little more to the topic: What custom ships do you use, if any?

I use "Bright Goose Z"; C body, A boost, C grip. 1690Kg, medium load.

It uses Aqua Goose for the body, Bright spear for the cockpit, and Triple-Z for the booster. Slightly weak turning, great for drifting, low accleration, great boost and whoahmgwtflol speed.

I'm addicted to this game, and use my Wii primarily to play it. :E

The trick I used for Save Jody is simple. Set maximum speed. Boost. Always. Don't hit anything other than the power recharge things. Hit every power recharge thing.

Took me a good month to do it on Very Hard.

The bottom line is that F-Zero GX is one of the hardest games in recent memory. I've come closer to throwing my controller in rage in F-Zero GX than any other game I've ever played.

However, that moment when you finally succeed is one of those situations where you unabashedly scream in joy because you did it, which is something I can't say for other games. I've gotten all 41 cars, unlocked the AX tracks, and gotten a ton of the end-game movies. Totally the best game in recent memory.

Thanks for the advice, I'm doing better on those two missions, but I still can't beat them on Very Hard. Another problem I'm having is the Grand Prix Chapter on Very Hard. I've practiced on Master a lot ever since I got the game in the same month it came out, but that doesn't seem to be helping me complete these three chapters. The developers of GX are insane, but in a good way. This is one of my favorite GC games.

Oh, and I use the Acro Lynx G4, it works out for me a lot.

Btw, any tips on snaking? My snaking skills are mediocre, (unlike in MKDS skills, where I snake much better) but I doubt I'll ever be able to snake like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqLpyMZT0BA.

I never bothered to learn how to snake in F-Zero. I really wish game designers fixed exploits like that.

I use the Misty Coyote-V2, BAC. I also created the Dragoon, which has a permanent slide effect. D:
Anyways, I hate story mode. It's too hard. I'll just stick to playing GP and versus with my friend. Oh, and I never snake, MKDS or otherwise.
I love F-Zero. Just thought I'd say that.

Snaking on F-Zero GX isn't terribly hard. Hold down both triggers, let go of the one that is the direction opposite to where you're going.

Hold down both, if you're going left, let go of the R trigger, and vice-versa. It only works with heavy ships, like Black Bull and Dark Schneider, with maximum accleration setting. Once you've figured it out, it's not hard to see why it's called snaking. It's funner not to snake, though.

Took me about 2 days to beat Saving Jody on V. Hard. Took me a week to beat the grand prix on V. Hard.

I quess its purely luck, but somehow I beat the whole story mode in 3 days. Its a miracle I even finished the last story mode chapter.

.....how long would it take to finish story on very hard?

ree-c said:
Snaking on F-Zero GX isn't terribly hard. Hold down both triggers, let go of the one that is the direction opposite to where you're going.

Hold down both, if you're going left, let go of the R trigger, and vice-versa. It only works with heavy ships, like Black Bull and Dark Schneider, with maximum accleration setting. Once you've figured it out, it's not hard to see why it's called snaking. It's funner not to snake, though.

Took me about 2 days to beat Saving Jody on V. Hard. Took me a week to beat the grand prix on V. Hard.

What's the point of snaking?

Mystic said:
I never bothered to learn how to snake in F-Zero. I really wish game designers fixed exploits like that.

Incorrection! The team programed this intentionally, as some of the staff ghost can be seen doing it. Similar techniques are also possible in most of the Mario cart games and Sonic Riders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back