• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Teleporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritz

Subhedgehog
Sonic Team Junior
How do I get them to work? I managed to get it to work before, but I still can't figure it out. Do I have to give the teleport sector a "trigger lindef executer" thing, or the "teleport to tagged sector" thingy? I tagged the teleport destination sector with the same tag number, and placed a thing 0f type 5003, and I gave the control sector the "teleport to tagged sector" lindef executer type, but nothing seems to be happening. I even tried reversing the process by giving the teleport sector the "teleport to tagged sector" thing, but still, nothing... what am I doing wrong?

The sector on the map that activates the map needs to be a trigger (special type and tagged special line).

The teleport destination sector needs a teleport destination thing and a tag to a teleport to tagged sector line, in the same sector as the trigger line.

Make sure you don't overuse those things - they're good in space/tech levels, but not so much in, say, winter levels.

Ritz, you could look at a few maps that have teleporters in them(Space Fight , Poisoned Paradise...). That is how I learned to make teleports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back