• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Help with Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritz

Subhedgehog
Sonic Team Junior
How do I get Tag based effects to work? Y'know, like the speed pad? Do I have to give it a certain tag number for it to work? I think that's how you do it, but giving it a tag number just seems sort of silly to me.

Generally you give a linedef the same tag number as a sector. The linedef controls the effect, the sector is where the effect takes place. Start out with simpler tag based effects (FOFs, water).

Actually, it doesn't get much simpler than the speed pad. In the special effects guide, some types have a certain number in (), so they require a special tag number. All other effects don't need a specific tag number, but keep in mind that you need a new tag for new effects, unless you are making more than one effect on a sector. If you have a FOF in a sector tagged 1, and you want water in that sector, then you tag the water 1. If you want water in another sector, however, you need to tag the new sector a different tag, likely 2, unless you want the FOF in there too.

Thanks. I pretty much understand Tags, I just didn't think that you had to use a special tag number to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back