• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

WAD editor for windowsXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thingypoo

I have looked all around but i cant find ANY working WAD editors.
i want to make some custom characters, i found one that worked but it took ages to draw new sprites i really need help :?

If it's characters you want, DeePSea, XWE and Wintex will probably work.

Level-editing? WadAuthor is what has the tutorial, but I find DoomBuilder better, particularly if you have my edited config that keeps map headers (at the cost of a few extra seconds of node-building, but it's a fair payoff). It's more idiot-proof (not to imply anything, mind), making deleting lindefs much easier. And less corrupting.

Oh, and character making ALWAYS takes a long time. The editors won't change that.

It is, actually.
You just need to use XWE/DeePSea/Whatever to extract all the sprites.
Then you can use whatever you want, as they're all bmps

yeah i use XWE for character sprite ripping, but i dont just export, i have to go one by one... its really annoying, if there is a quicker way dont hesitate to tell me! :(

What I didnt like about my topic was that I actually meant to put all of your stuff on a wad, not an ACTUALL request. man i didnt see that coming... but hey! thats my reputation in here. As a character requester-er.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back