Ring Clashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sryder

'That brit'
Kart Krew™️
Ring Clashing does what it says on the tin, when 2 rings collide they will bounce off of each other with a satisfying sound. The rings have also been made player colour to make it clearer who fired which ring.

You can enable the "strayrings" command in the console to make the rings that clash become grey and able to hit anyone, these rings don't award points however.

Known things I need to fix:

• The clash graphic is a bit much and can block the view of what's going on. (need to give it translucency)
  • Rail ring trails aren't coloured yet.

Attachments

• RingClashing.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 653
  • BONK.gif
    BONK.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,489
I think we all know this unique twist on ringslinging is worthy of releases.

Let's see what people think of it!

I personally love the concept. The fact that rings are quite big and noticeable when shot makes this a very fitting addition.

Ya know what, as long as you aim good and keep an eye on everyone, you can be invicible.
This said, a good player can stay covered and still fire to the others, so I think some rings (like the normal one, for the sake of balance) should be undeflectable.

Also, haven't tested out yet, but colliding rings should act like if they've hit a wall, so the explosion ring should explode upon colliding if it is not already doing that.

Those both sound like extremely bad ideas. The first because why on earth would your last resort rings not be able to clash inexplicably, and the second because why on earth would I want my collided rings to unexpectedly explode in my face.

I do have to admit, this is really essential. There were many times I saved myself from getting hit because I try to throw rings right in front of someone, especially in ctf. However, I wonder if its possible, but could the stray ring function have a sense to sudden death mode? While I was playing sudden death CTF, after adding the stray rings function, people could only get hurt by stray rings, not die instantly unless shot from an actual foe.

I don't really plan to even try and support sudden with this. What you suggested could be a good idea if I ever do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back