Scr_Revolution V-0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

That2rb2DUDE

Pro Splatoon 2 Player
Finally finished the first zone of my first level pack.

I decided to name it Revolution instead of just Sandy Plains because I am going to add more zones to this wad.

With this mod, there are 4 acts with each zone:
Act 1: Exploration (You are able to find emeralds in these acts)
Act 2: Speed based
Act 3: ??? (could be anything)
Act 4: Boss

Sandy Plains Zone

Footage: *Not uploaded yet*

Next Zone being made: CHOPPER City Zone (I'm not joking)

The this is going to be the only "different" zone in this pack.

why?

Act 1 : Exploration
Act 2 : Speed Based
Act 3 : Boss
Act 4 : ???

The act 3 and act 4 will be swapped around for this Zone because I want to make a act where you have to fly to the next zone (using the jets from skywars) and it would only make sense if I rearranged the acts for this zone.

DOWNLOAD NOW: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b13p4jwxe5p7pj9/scr_Revolution.wad

Attachments

• Scr_Revolution.rar
    11.8 MB · Views: 751
Last edited:
Sorry for the late post, but here's my review:

1) The level designing was really good for acts 1,2&4.
2) I usually love levels with a lot of speed so act 2 is something I do show most interest in. However I'm not sure if this was a mistake but the player seems to fall here
mn1g1c.png

if it doesn't control itself, and when you fall down through that gap you don't die.
3) I like the difficulty and the gimmicks used in act 3.
4) I liked the act 4 boss but maybe the room should be darker and the SKY1 texture (on the wall) should have a half-light block (or multiple half-light blocks) that goes from the SKY1 wall texture to the center of the room.

2) I usually love levels with a lot of speed so act 2 is something I do show most interest in. However I'm not sure if this was a mistake but the player seems to fall here
mn1g1c.png

if it doesn't control itself, and when you fall down through that gap you don't die.

Totally my mistake ill fix that in V-0.6.

4) I liked the act 4 boss but maybe the room should be darker and the SKY1 texture (on the wall) should have a half-light block (or multiple half-light blocks) that goes from the SKY1 wall texture to the center of the room.

I like this idea so ill add it in V-0.6

(Sorry if I give very short replies I don't mean to its just that I'm not the greatest talker when it comes to typing out words >.<)

That's ok, I forgot to say that the half-lightblock FOF should also be used around the torches in act 4. This would make the area surrounding the fire have an illuminating effect.

Last edited:
I haven't tried it yet, but I saw your youtube video on it and it looks great. I really like the speed run part, as well as how you separated each act number by a certain theme. I will give a better review later.

SPZ1: As fun as I remembered and the labyrinth was hard.
SPZ2: Fun map with those speed ups and shortcuts. =)
SPZ3: I didn´t like this very much but start looked cool.
SPZ4: Hard boss act. It was hard as Sonic especially when Eggman had full speed. Would be fun as Tails.

Very Fun i like the idea of different theme in each act but if SPZ is the first level of the pack i think you will have to make the boss more easier and i encourage you to use the idea of TSDude for the decorations. I also think that the metal texture and the SKY1 make the place look ugly. SPZ3 have bad enemy placement some robot are too close from the doors. i don't now if it is intentional but some of the doors can be broken simply by running into them. I like the first two act in my opinion they are perfect.

Last edited:
I also think that the metal texture and the SKY1 make the place look ugly.

Yeah I kind of rushed this act X.X But what I do plan to do to it is I want to make a door where the SKY1 texture is and have it open when the boss is defeated. (I've seen that done before in another mod but I don't have a clue on how its actually made.)

SPZ3 have bad enemy placement some robot are too close from the doors.

The enemies are placed in the middle of the rooms and they move when your in a room before a room (if that makes sense) I can't find any tutorials to make them stay still till you get in to the room where they are placed.

I don't now if it is intentional but some of the doors can be broken simply by running into them.

SPZ3 is a pretty buggy map. For some odd reason the thok barrier effected some of the shatter blocks. I was thinking maybe of completely redoing act 3 in a later version of this level pack.

So, is the pattern for every zone Emerald Hunting, Speed, Random, Boss? Just curious.

Pretty much!

I might change the pattern for the next zone I'm making however I'm starting to have doubts about it.

I think with the exception of the boss, I think that's a bit of a bad idea to do that every time. You should try to give a bit of a different theme for each zone based on its level theme and such. I don't want you to restrict yourself to one "level layout."

You should try your best to keep things fresh, even if it's the same formula as "explore, speed, random, boss".

How about incorporating some levels with your jets from your other project, Sky Wars?

I would say it's a bad idea to have a pattern like that in general. By focusing solely on one aspect, like "speed", "platforming", "exploration" etc., your level automatically becomes lacking in all other aspects, which robs it of its replay value. A good level should be a mixture of all these different aspects.

By focusing solely on one aspect, like "speed", "platforming", "exploration" etc., your level automatically becomes lacking in all other aspects, which robs it of its replay value. A good level should be a mixture of all these different aspects.

What about if the acts still had their general theme's but still had the mixture of these different aspects. I feel like it could still work out.

So, is the pattern for every zone Emerald Hunting, Speed, Random, Boss? Just curious
I am dude. :p

I will give a better review later.

Why did I forget about this... Well, better late then never.

I really like how you seperated each act number by a certain theme. I also really like the speed run part, but it could use some work. I really dislike the maze act. It is too plain. Like, the finding the way out gimmick should only be used once or twice. Add other gimmicks like push the gargoyle in a button. Somthing like that. The boss level looks REAL similar to another boss level...

Hopefully this is the right link... because I am doing this review from school and youtube is blocked so ya.

The first level is really good, and some aspects of it should be applied to the other levels. Overall, this is a pretty good and pretty fun level pack. I rate 8/10.

EDIT: So... That was the wrong link after all... This is really what it looks like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back