Acid Missile for v2.0 (scr_acidmissile.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, nice to play Acid Missile again! So will there be updates to the mod? As in, new levels, incorporating the new enemies, etc.?

So yeah, bug report:

1: Beating the game sticks you in Egg Rock Act 3 instead of the level select. I believe there was a fix for SRB2 The Past, so look in there for a fix.

2: Picking up ONE token seemed to get rid of ALL of the other tokens in the level. Unless the one near the end of WV1 was taken out.

3: I'm not sure if this would happen, but if my theory is correct...
If you go into the Level Select and back out of it with Esc, you get access to Pandora's Box. This is why having a Level Select as an early unlockable is a bad idea, due to Gravity not triggering cheats.

1 and 3 are SRB2 problems, but I guess I should do something about them if v2.0.5 doesn't come out soon. I'm pretty sure they've both been reported.

As for 2, I'm not sure why that would happen. I think you just aren't looking in the right places. There are two tokens in WVZ1: One is in the underwater cave, and the other is in the hidden passageway after you run off of a waterfall. The one that used to be in the waterfall has been replaced by a 1UP.

I'd recommend changing the colormaps in the Waterfall Valley acts. Due to the new palette, the walls look purple underwater with the current colormaps.

Ah, another bug: Getting a 7 Chaos Emeralds and beating the game with them gives you NOTHING.

So yeah, bug report:

1: Beating the game sticks you in Egg Rock Act 3 instead of the level select. I believe there was a fix for SRB2 The Past, so look in there for a fix.

Semi-fixed You still get sent there if you go back into the save to get the missing emeralds. Because of this I use Eggrock's Scrapped name so you can tell the differance between when you are in a mod and when you are in the regular game from the screen shots.

Ah, another bug: Getting a 7 Chaos Emeralds and beating the game with them gives you NOTHING.
This is because the unlock system was messed with.
The collect 7 emeralds trigger is now 2
Code:
Objective = Collect all 7 emeralds
NeededGrade = 2

FF, about bug 2. this happens in Techno Hill act 2 in the unmodded game too.

EDIT: New bug. the "There's no secret here" secret has you jump over the house 3 times instead of on it.
Reccomended fix: make the tirgger sector be an invisable, intanagable FOF.

Last edited:
I really like this mod, although I lol'd once I defeated Eggman on SRZ3 and then got crushed as soon as I got onto the ground. XD

But, since this is in 2.0 now, I would like it if there was different textures from last time. I like the Special Stages as well, a bit challenging, but beatable.

This was one of my favorite level packs for 1.09.4, too bad IE is messing with the zip so I can't get it, looks good though.

I'll just be the echo and say that this was one of my favorite level packs from 1.09.4. The levels are fun and the pack is short, sweet and to the point. I will say that the crawla and jetty-syn barrages seem dated now, but it was a rush job after all. The new special stages are fun though and it would be awesome to see more of those.

Nice one, FF.

For the special stages, I'd reccomend putting a "\" before the cechos so they dont overlap the OTHER "get _____ rings!" message that comes up.

I like mods like this :D
What do you mean by "like this"?

To be honest, I seem to be the only one NOT blindfolded by nostalgia. Yes, it WAS great back then, but nowadays it seems really horridly designed in some places.

Much of this is too open, with almost no scenery to speak of and not much gameplay as well. I have to admit the the indoor parts of Storm Ruins are pretty cool and the sewers of Gloom Metropolis are also a neat idea. But the rest of it consists of either wide open, empty spaces or somewhat cramped hallways full of enemies. The enemies in general are just ridiculously placed, as they mostly come in dozens.

I know that this is really, really old and I also know that it's a great achievement for the time it was created, but it really is out of date now, and I'm surprised that virtually everyone here says "I like it" because it was good for 1.09 standards.

I don't want FuriousFox to completely redesign this pack or something, and I'm OK with it as it is, but I don't get why everyone seems to like it this much.

This is a fun mod, and it's nice to have it back in 2.0.

However some of the colormaps look too strong in this version, and I wish you would cut back on some of the enemies in certain areas, and perhaps put in new ones instead of crawlas everywhere.

The levels are okay for race... but the overly large amount of enemies coupled with one-way routes makes exploration and backtracking irritating and a needless chore. I'd cut back on the number of crawlas, jetty-syns and crawla commanders if I were you.

Some enemy variation would be nice as well, and try not to put crawlas directly on a ledge the player can only get up to via a spring. It's horribly irritating to be hit, fall back down, and then lose invincibility while you're rising again.

The special stages are still evil and unforgiving, with an insane difficulty curve. If you're going to eventually make seven of them, I'd suggest to postpone #3 to the fifth or sixth stage.

More of a technical issue, but as said, the water colormaps don't look particularly great in 2.0's palette, you should go back and try to figure out more pleasant-looking ones.

Other than that, the standard for level length sure has changed from 1.09 to 2.0, and this is pretty obvious. All the levels can be completed in under or around a minute, which is pretty short in comparison to Deep Sea, Castle Eggman, Arid Canyon, Egg Rock, etc. Why don't you pull a Mystic and combine two acts into one and make a brand new second act? ;)

Also, it's about time you made those fences in WVZ2 and GMZ2 solid. :7 And use the Greenflower remix for WVZ1.

EDIT: (Actually repost, but)

I finally got off my ass and beat this with all emeralds as Sonic, and ran into a few bugs.

When I reached Slime Silo, my save turned into a "Completed!" save. After beating Slime Silo, it changed to Egg Rock. I'm assuming this is a bug in SRB2 itself, but it's part of a worse nuisance.

According to the secrets checklist, I was supposed to have level select already. This is probably a fault on your end, because the needed grade for all emeralds changed in 2.0. This means I can't go emblem hunting without replaying the entire game.

Also, did you use ModBy? If so, then the game is bugged and doesn't show your name in the last page of the credits. All I got was the same pencil drawing of Sonic from the previous page with no text before it went to the emerald screen.

Lastly, because Eggman runs away from you, Slime Silo is more irritating than ever. Eggman keeps rising until you can't reach him, so you have to jump below him until he wises up and lowers a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back