Duplicate Uhh...What The Heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex The Kitsune

Annoying Purple Dude
Congrats on making a patch that breaks more than it fixes. :/
After installing 2.1.3, I started a co-op server. However, when I added a wad, it kicked me out of MY OWN SERVER saying that I didn't have it. I thought "oh, okay. It must have been deleted."
But nope, I checked my folder and the wad was still there, the one I just used yesterday. I went on and tried again, this time with a different wad, that is also in my folder. Same error, kicked off of my server again.
This makes no sense. This is the error you get when you're on someone else's server and they add a wad you don't have. But I'm on my own hosted server adding a wad that I clearly have.
What's going on here?

Last edited by a moderator:
v2.1.3 Patch also causes more consistency failures then it fixes as well. I can't even host or join servers because of a consistency failure bug that didn't exist in previous patches. This needs to be fixed.

v2.1.3 Patch also causes more consistency failures then it fixes as well. I can't even host or join servers because of a consistency failure bug that didn't exist in previous patches. This needs to be fixed.

Yeah. Codes and I were playing coop and this guy (not gonna mention his name for privacy) kept getting kicked off every time he joined. I even paused the game and he still cfailed right after. This also happened to two other people joining my server.

Paranormal activity SRB2 edition. (Dun dun dunnnn)

Last edited:
This is going to push newcomers away from online mode or even SRB2 altogether if these consistency failures keep up. Again, this NEEDS to be fixed.

Wad adding bug isn't related to the cfail changes we made. Next patch should revert the cfail changes that apparently cause more kicks. Issue withstanding, does the same thing happen when adding the wad at command line rather than after starting the server?

No, the same thing happened to me yesterday. After about 2 tries, i added the file on the title screen and it worked. So yeah, this is a bad bug along with those annoying c-fails

This is going to push newcomers away from online mode or even SRB2 altogether if these consistency failures keep up. Again, this NEEDS to be fixed.

Please bear with us. We are aware of netcode issues and are working on fixing them. It will be a bit because the netcode hasn't had the scrutiny that the 2.0 code has had and getting it stable will take time. Just keep posting bugs as you find them and we'll kill them as soon as we can.

Last edited:
Please bear with us. We are aware of netcode issues and are working on fixing them. It will be a bit because the netcode hasn't had the scrutiny that the 2.0 code has had and getting it stable will take time. Just keep posting bugs as you find them and we'll kill them as soon as we can.

I understand. I'm just a bit annoyed at this bug, when multiplayer is one of the best parts of SRB2 for me. Have you guys figured out what's causing these problems?

Sorry I'll be more patient and understanding in the future. I agree with Rex that multiplayer is one of the best parts of SRB2. I'm sure you guys/gals will get this fixed soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back