A very strange error indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

0xym0ron

Well, first things first. I made an account because no one has posted this error before, or at least to my knowledge.

Anyway, whenever I try to start the game, these two windows pop up at the same time.

warninganderror.jpg

I was wondering what caused this error-it could be file duplicates left over from an older installation, because I remember my old version of Sonic Robo Blast 2 was broken and although I fixed it the first time, another problem popped up. I don't remember the problem exactly, but I know that I tried solutions on the forum that didn't work and was too lazy to make an account nor go any further. Now, revenge has finally been laid on me.

So what should I do?

Best thing you can do is to reinstall SRB2; the only cause for the problem I know is modifying that file...

Last edited:
You wouldn't have to extract ALL files from that self extracting exe. You can just extract the one file that needs to be fixed. So what you can do is extract it to some nonsense folder like C:/Downloads/lol/ or something and then copy the srb2.srb from the nonsense folder to where you really put srb2. After that you can delete the nonsense folder. This is good if you don't want to delete you configurations and stuff like that.

Last edited:
You wouldn't have to extract ALL files from that self extracting exe. You can just extract the one file that needs to be fixed. So what you can do is extract it so some nonsense folder like C:/Downloads/lol/ or something and then copy the srb2.srb from the nonsense folder to where you really put srb2. After that you can delete the nonsense folder. This is good if you don't want to delete you configurations and stuff like that.

I know I sound like I don't have a brain now, but don't you mean send it to the nonsense folder? Because the only program that I have that can extract a file to a folder is WinRAR, but I think it might cause some problems.

By the way, what I've done so far is made a folder named rofl (rofl), sent (no, not extracted...I think you mean send) the srb2.srb file there, copied it (as in copy-paste), and now I'm about to paste it where the real srb2 files are and delete the folder.

Is this what you want me to do?

And do I have to do it to every file?

Last edited:
I can't help but notice the directory you're using. Why in hell are you installing a game into C:\windows\system32\?

Never mind fixing your installation, reinstall properly into a directory that ISN'T an important part of your operating system.

I can't help but notice the directory you're using. Why in hell are you installing a game into C:\windows\system32\?

Never mind fixing your installation, reinstall properly into a directory that ISN'T an important part of your operating system.

I don't actually remember installing it there. In fact, I'm pretty sure that all the files were in a folder in my Documents.

Why the stuff magically transferred itself to system32 I have no idea.

The game does not magically transfer itself. There is nothing that would cause SRB2 to move its installation.

Hey, that happened to me as well, but the game started anyway, so I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe try redownloading SRB2?

When I installed SRB2, I made a folder named "SRB2", put it on my desktop, and installed it there. That way, it doesn't interfere with any important computer files.

I've tried doing the above some time ago (seeing as this question is relatively old,) and as it turns out it didn't work. Though I'm not exactly sure I got all of them, I deleted files having to do with SRB2 (Happy now, Mystic?), and re-installed them. I only got the "WAD file was not found or not valid" error message again, as well as that one error about screen resolution that I knew could easily be resolved using the old launcher.

So, some days later I rinsed and repeated, along with the launcher via a link someone handed to me (before it ws posted on the site for easy access) and tried playing the game in Windowed Mode without success, but instead another error I pretty much forgot about, though I do know it kept me from playing (this took place about a month ago)..

Ah, well, SRB2 is the least of my worries. My monitor's been turning white on me every other time I turn it on, and I'm afraid I'll have to get a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back