Bosses that gave you trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally beaten Salazar in Resident Evil 4 for my PS2, it was my oldest save data, but now, its going to be the game I will keep on playing for a while, so basically this is also a topic on enemies that were hard to beat in your games that you were happy as hell to finally beat. Like your exact reaction and attitude to that one "I did it!" moment.

Abyssion from Tales of Symphonia in Mania Mode, took several tries and several level ups, but it was worth it.

Toss Hammer and Meteor Storm made it easy.
The Tales Trio was much more difficult, in my opinion, especially on Mania. They quickly eat through all your Life Bottles and Acid Rain can be a hassle. Your mages are made useless and Meredy is always reviving someone, boosting their status, or using a powerful attack. It was a real blast to try finishing, though.

screenshotheretic201005c.png

Forgot to throw this in there. :P

I'm no expert in Heretic/Hexen, but it looks like he took down one of the bigger baddies with the weakest weapon he had. It'd be like taking down a Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind in Doom... with your fists. Without a Berserk pack.

Beating the Biolizard in Sonic Adventure 2 was a big relief for me. The boss wouldn't be that hard if it weren't for that asinine final part (where he's down to 1 hit).

Beating the Ancient Dragon in The Last Remnant was a complete pain. Spam your over-powered Area attack nearly every turn why don't'cha. Oh what's that? I can't flank it unless I send all of my troops at it? Well who the hell is going to heal my party when he uses his God damn Darkbreath for the umpteenth time? Sure as hell won't be my healing union if I try to flank it.

Not exactly a boss, but beating all of the advanced maps in Portal gave me such a huge satisfaction that you wouldn't believe.

ranyakumo.jpg

Most people I know who took up Touhou and stuck with it chose PCB as their first extra stage; repulsed again and again and again in their drive to complete it, they would soon percieve Ran as she is depicted here: a demonic fox-thing that is always a fifth of a second away from tearing open your throat.

Last edited:
weird thing is that who changed my thread title, its not something I'm angry about but, I know I didn't. Oh well, must be an administration edit. "Bosses that gave you trouble" is a better title anyway in my opinion.

A certin 'Fire Leo' from Viewtiful Joe... I was never able to beat him on V-Rated mode.

FireLeo.jpg

What's this? You just fought the four previous bosses one after another in a boss gauntlet, adjusted for your higher stats? Now you want a break?

Ha Ha Ha Ha, No. Enjoy being pummeled by unreasonably fast attacks and projectiles falling from the sky, oh, and a pair of pits in the middle of the arena, just to annoy you.

Mr. Sandman in both regular and title defense modes from "Punch-Out!!" on the Wii. I'm not sure if he counts as a boss, but he's pretty damn hard. His punches are extremely quick and require major amounts of reflexes to dodge. Especially in title defense mode, he's like Mike Tyson, besides the fact that he one-hit KOs.

Bouldergeist in Super Mario Galaxy. I thought he was quite annoying enough the first time around, and then, when I finally beat him, I learned that the level's Purple Comet Challenge was to defeat him without taking any damage.

Also, Brak Eggman in SRB2. *shot*

I never really understood what was so hard about Brak Eggman. All you have to do is jump on his head and quickly jump off of him. Repeat until the end, then jump on the rocket and finish him off.

Bouldergeist in Super Mario Galaxy. I thought he was quite annoying enough the first time around, and then, when I finally beat him, I learned that the level's Purple Comet Challenge was to defeat him without taking any damage.

That, that, that, dear God that. It's much more of a pain as Luigi, having him slide around everywhere.

In other news, the Proto Babil is the biggest pain in my ass I ever had to deal with in Final Fantasy IV. Level 99, Best Armor in the game, augments set to the characters who need the most, and the God damn battle still relies on luck to actually win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back