Tortured Planet v10.5

* Metal Sonic does attack, just not when you're upside down from him

Actually, Metal doesn't attack at all.
He attempts to when you're not upside down from his position, but he doesn't actually attack.
He needs the electric gates from Egg Rock Zone 3 to draw power from.

Actually, Metal doesn't attack at all.
He attempts to when you're not upside down from his position, but he doesn't actually attack.
He needs the electric gates from Egg Rock Zone 3 to draw power from.

That was a very intentional design choice. The level is virtually impossible when Metal Sonic can attack, because he can hit you even when you're upside down and can't dodge or counter it.

That was a very intentional design choice. The level is virtually impossible when Metal Sonic can attack, because he can hit you even when you're upside down and can't dodge or counter it.

How about accommodate to the level design so this won't happen?

Well, it should be at least a little (like very little) fair in his pinch mode. So that, you know, can beat the game with less failure.

Or how about not having such a shit boss fight if you're so unwilling to make it not shit? Or simply solve all of Spacewalk's problems by cutting it off like the gangrene infested toe that it is? You don't move the trash to your basement, you get it out of the house!

"But I can't just throw away my old junk, I'm a hoarder, it'd be a waste! What does it matter to you if you technically don't see it anymore?"

So, playing sonic + tails in fume shaft causes all character specific doors to be shut.. Making the level unbeatable.

I really enjoy this level pack, as there is lots of detail and I could get a good flow with most levels, but I recently noticed ECZ has some quirks, such as a flickering door in Act 1, and Act 2's opening crusher section, which has an odd barrier rather than, say, a window, and the crushers themselves are easily bypassed.

Attachments

• EC1 Defective Door.gif
    5.9 MB · Views: 1,358
  • EC2 Wall.png
    EC2 Wall.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,257
  • EC2 Crusher Fail.gif
    2 MB · Views: 1,364
Last edited:
Just finished this save for the final boss(no rings and no detectable weakness >.>). I know it's not updated for the latest version but anybody looking to play, it works fine minus a time trial mode, and multiplayer doesn't work properly. May as well share my personal opinions and thoughts.

Level design felt solid and challenging from zone 2 onward, seems to have gotten progressively more difficult and the difficulty curve felt pretty natural. Each area was impressive and very cool visually as well, I felt, when I first saw some of the zones I couldn't help but tell myself 'how cool is that'. The soundtrack was fantastic, though the music 2 zip archive is corrupted, I don't know what I'm missing though as all the levels had music.

Levels sometimes felt overly long, AEZ 1 took me 16 minutes, AEZ 2 took me 11. Of course that's the first attempt on the level but a lot of them were like this, with times of 9 or 10 minutes. I have a 'no slow down' sort of playstyle as well (resulting in many deaths in this pack). Not saying that you should make the levels shorter, though. They were frustrating at times with issues that have been mentioned in other posts, in particular the ice mountain stage sent me to the game over screen dozens of times. I mostly blame this on going too fast on top of a tall mountain covered in ice though >.>

All in all I loved it, I'd love to see this updated to work for time trials and multiplayer racing. (multiplayer hosting works, anybody trying to join crashes and the host freezes until they are disconnected again, may be a version bug or something else)

Last edited:
Just finished this save for the final boss(no rings and no detectable weakness >.>).
If you're talking about old brak eggman, you ride his missiles back into him, and can also jump over his head to make him hit himself.

There's a reason we removed him from the vanilla game.

Is that old brak in there? I honestly don't know, I started playing after he was removed.

I'll see if that works o.O

I played this and found this to be very good wad pack. I can tell all the levels were made in great detail. The music fits all the levels nicely. I like using Modern Sonic character wad for this since it works real smoothly.

Sunshine Atoll Zone - That wave trick is amazing in the beginning there. Being the first level it was easy.
Eruption Conduit Zone - This level was made very well and I like the music. Again the level being in the beginning was easy.
Drowned Downtown Zone - This level was again very detailed and very imaginative. Music fits well. For me it gets little tricky with the death pits but still on the easy-medium range.
Snowcap Nimbus Zone - I think this one is my favorite. The music I would describe as weird insanity type of music because it sounds crazy in a good way but fits well because the level is crazy in the long distance jumps over the floating clouds. Because of the many death pits I say the level is easy-medium difficulty.
Gritty Columns Zone - This particular level is where it gets more harder mainly Act 2 because in one area of Act 2 it gets very laggy and very hard to navigate. That part with the sand rising up was terrifying in good way. I say this level is medium-hard type.
Fume Shaft Zone - I only played this level once and not remember much from it. I like the riding mine cart. Using Sonic and Tails breaks game because the specific character areas not work and you get stuck.
Liftoff Gantry Zone - This level was built nicely. Not played enough to really know much about it.
Spacewalk Zone - This level was made very well and it is big and took me probably one hour to complete. However I like that the level was made with such detail and find it a shame that it was left out of the pack when it had a level skip button. I think it should be put back into the other levels with the skip button available to those who not want to do that level which is understandable. The music is really good here. Modern Sonic in this level really helps. I know this level took lot of effort to make there. I say this level is hard to very hard with Act 3 being Extremely Hard and very tedious.
Alien Armageddon Zone - This be my least favorite zone. It takes forever to get through this zone with lots of traps. I would say this would be the hardest zone but I only played this once and not know enough to be certain.
Star Showdown Zone - I cheated on this zone which means it was probably very hard.

Overall this wad was really great. The first beginning 4 levels are my favorite.

Great work

I knew about this MOD from a long time.. I played it a lot and appreciate the detailed work you've done in it. I also loved the music. I wonder how much time is spent in this project.

Bug (or whatever the below thing is called precisely):
I can stand there (attached image) in Drowned Downtown Zone 1.

Attachments

• srb20004.jpg
    srb20004.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,067
  • srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 968
  • srb20006.jpg
    srb20006.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 938
Last edited:
Sorry for the bump, The mod crashes at Star Shodwdown Zone, saying some linedef is missing it's back side, this happens if you die and the game attempts to reload the level, Not sure if you're visiting the forums anymore but i just wanted to point this out so perhaps you can fix it some day, Otherwise I really enjoyed the pack, the levels, the music and the unique ideas introduced in it.

This has to be my favorite level pack in all of SRB2. It has 9 amazing zones, which would seem like it would sacrifice quality over quantity but it doesn't, with great set pieces and level design. I don't really care for the music though IMO, but the unlockable content is pretty cool with a great amount of record attack content as well. My only real complaint is that Spacewalk was removed for its unfavorable level design and length. That's not my problem though, the problem lies with the fact that its required to play this stage for record attack for 100% completion. It should really be removed. Other than that this is an amazing level pack.

Sorry for the 2 year bump but I found some bugs.

Both acts of Liftoff Gantry have SIGSEGVs. Happens in Act 1 upon leaving the first zoom tube and in Act 2 upon entering the first 2D section (see attached gifs).

I think there might also be something wrong with Tails' emblem in Eruption Conduit Act 1, and the star emblem for Gritty Columns Act 1.

Also, something probably broke in Spacewalk Act 2 because I can cheese through the electrical grid section now:

https://imgur.com/a/FwY0ETZ

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    6.8 MB · Views: 317
  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    6.8 MB · Views: 327
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 328
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 304
I was a little worried to bump the thread, but now that you mention it I've had the same exact problem in both acts and same areas as well. Figured it was a problem with me at first.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back