SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Levels (2.0.X)

Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (SC_SRB2thepast1.01.wad + Mutiplayer and bonus) Details »»
Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (SC_SRB2thepast1.01.wad + Mutiplayer and bonus)
Developer Last Online: Sep 2018

Version: SRB2 Rating: (20 votes - 3.70 average)
Released: 08-31-2009 Last Update: 05-31-2012 Installs: 37
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

This mod is the 2.0 version and as such will have errors in 2.1.11
An update is currently in the works.

Welcome To the Past. If you ever played Mystic Realm and earned enough emblems to unlock the Archives, SRB2TP is essentially the same thing for the main game. The mod is suppose to cover from SRB2 TGF up to SRB2 2.0.5.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lpwarse9as03p83 Full combo (Pack size: 138.98MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m9cpiqeaw638989 Mutiplayer only (57.33MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?a87etoj916bo7tk single Player only (81.65MB)

Added in this version:
SRB2 Museum Hub world now available
All versions of Green Flower up to 2.0.5 now available
All versions of Castle eggman up to 2.0.5 now available
Save system now works with all levels accessed via the SRB2 Museum Hub world.
Beta Quest featuring 2 secret levels (Special Thanks to SNN Tails for providing the levels for public download)
Proper Eggmobiles for each version of the boss fight
Christmas Hunt zone
sonic's nightmare now has an emblem for just Sonic alone. a reward for completing the level as him.

All multiplayer levels are now split into a separate megawad, complete with divided rotations for each version

The Red Volcano entry method no longer kills you and will also no longer break the unlockable system

All levels, outside of beta quest, are now grouped by name or theme

Known Bugs
1. Spelling?
2. 1.09.4 Eggman does not spawn jet fumes
3. Hidden Palace's Floor lights don't function as they did in demo 2
4. Some levels in beta quest (Sky Fortress) will get you stuck if something goes wrong. (Save system properly works so reloading should work)
5. May not work properly with custom characters (a bug that can only be fixed upon SRB2 version 2.1)

A. the Debut Castle Eggman Red XVI secret doesn't boot you out with a custom error message. Oh, wait. That not a bug.

Screens
Spoiler:

To get to this location, find a hidden fake wall in the caves of the mountain.

To get to this location, the doorway will open when the crusher begins. But go too far and the level ends.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lpwarse9as03p83 Full combo (Pack size: 138.98MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m9cpiqeaw638989 Mutiplayer only (57.33MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?a87etoj916bo7tk single Player only (81.65MB)
The wads in a Rar file (too big for the attachment system.)

As SRB2 heads to the future, SRB2 The Past shall continue to cronicle the history.

Next version to include:
Techno Hill exhibit
Boss Rush
Prototype for special Stage Challenge featuring the TGF set (Maybe,)
Concept Art Hall
TGF Stages

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 06-08-2010   #102
Matsilagi

Can you port the character only for me (or if you want to the entire community) as a separate .wad ?
If you want to port-it and give it only to me, send a PM.
I want the old knuckles because i prefer the old sprites (Damn nostalgia factor!).
Old 06-08-2010   #103
tailsmastermind
Does time attack too much

Why would you WANT the old sprites? they are terrible looking and don't fit the game at all. I don't see what is appealing about it.
I do see what's appealing about this pack. Excellent job on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1k4v...eature=related
ERZ2 in 3:47.74.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXgMLsptYc
Who says race is a thokfest?
Old 06-08-2010   #104
J-town
Totally Not Zero

tailsmastermind, this is a mod about everything in the past, so it's only natural to have as much past things as possible. That's like saying "Why would you WANT the SRB2 Halloween maps? They're terrible."

We DO need 1.09.4 Knuckles (And 1.09.4 Tails if possible. =D)
Old 06-08-2010   #105
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

That would be possible. But it's going to have to wait. The levels come first.
Old 06-08-2010   #106
tailsmastermind
Does time attack too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-town View Post
tailsmastermind, this is a mod about everything in the past, so it's only natural to have as much past things as possible. That's like saying "Why would you WANT the SRB2 Halloween maps? They're terrible."
I'd rather play old crappy levels that were actually made in game than old crappy sprite rips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1k4v...eature=related
ERZ2 in 3:47.74.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXgMLsptYc
Who says race is a thokfest?
Old 06-08-2010   #107
J-town
Totally Not Zero

But this is a mod about EVERYTHING to do with the past, and you are still getting your wish. We need the old characters to revive that "past" feeling.

...SRB1 Sonic pl0x
Old 06-08-2010   #108
Donovansrb10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-town View Post
But this is a mod about EVERYTHING to do with the past, and you are still getting your wish. We need the old characters to revive that "past" feeling.

...SRB1 Sonic pl0x
Think about how long it would take to make every single detail of every different version on there. What is the point of making it when 6% or even less of the SRB2 community will take notice and actually like it. What will they say when they see Knuckles from 1.09.4? When I see my nightmare come back. *punched*
Old 06-08-2010   #109
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

I wouldn't worry too much. when I do get around to them, they will be separate files from the main mod. Oh, and if you think 1.09.4 knuckles is bad, take a look at Halloween Sonic.
Old 06-08-2010   #110
Matsilagi

I dont need the knux wad anymore:
http://essen.sepwich.com/wads/upload/uploads/
This site have a bunch of wads that is ported and better of all ITS GETTIN OLD AND HAVES THE ZIM OH MY GOD!!!
/caps
Old 06-08-2010   #111
Mr.Black
Got better at Piano!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsilagi View Post
I dont need the knux wad anymore:
http://essen.sepwich.com/wads/upload/uploads/
This site have a bunch of wads that is ported and better of all ITS GETTIN OLD AND HAVES THE ZIM OH MY GOD!!!
/caps
Those appear to be ports by me, Link, and Metal Sonic 2.0 (Metal Knux.)
Old 06-08-2010   #112
Matsilagi

Sorry, i dont know thats your but i have only one thing to say...
CONGRATS!
YOURE THE BEST WADS PORTER.
SOO MUCH THX FOR THE KNUX11.wad

(Matsilagi received a warning for this post: Use proper English when posting. (Defunct infraction type; do not use))
Old 06-09-2010   #113
Mr.Black
Got better at Piano!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsilagi View Post
Sorry, i dont know thats your but i have only one thing to say...
CONGRATS!
YOURE THE BEST WADS PORTER.
SOO MUCH THX FOR THE KNUX11.wad
I'm not the BEST wad porter out there...but I am a good one.
Thanks anyway. (Please improve your grammar so I can understand what your saying, please. =< No I am not back seat moderating. Its common for people to ask them to improve your grammar, you know.)
Old 07-23-2010   #114
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

The mod has been updated!
Added in this version:
Another version of GFZ even earlier than Demo 1
The Classic levels from SRB2 Christmas even more reverted. (Sonic's Nightmare still lives up to its name)
Access to the the Wizard level via secrets menu
Access to Ice Cap act one via secrets menu
DSZ TGF Music (taken from SRB2 TGF Christmas)
Green Flower Zone TGF
Old 07-24-2010   #115
SRB2PlayerFan
SRB2 2.1 Kart Hype!

This is a pretty awesome wad.
Old 07-24-2010   #116
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

• The filename is a bit off: SCRMTF_SRB2thepast2K10.wad -> scmrtf_SRB2thepast2K10.wad
  • Level select pictures are missing for just about everything, which leads to weird stuff such as the CTF levels showing SRB1 pics.
  • Having Debut Castle Eggman act as a hub for everything else is a horrid idea. You even had to insert additional tokens for it to work, and that is not my idea of an accurate port. All the regular single player zones should be available without unlocking in every of their incarnation. Also, I want all the special stages, not that crude incomplete mix I see here. Of course not all of them can be used for unlocking, but I am opposed to the idea of using emeralds for unlockables anyway. There should be more than enough emblems.
  • You still need the old boss sprites (both the Demo ones and the Final Demo ones) and a SOCced Egg Mobile that doesn't retreat.
  • Why are the Special Stages labeled as "," instead of real names?
  • Your map slot system is appalling. You seem to stick some stage in every empty slot instead of proper organization. This completely screws up the multiplayer level select.
  • Fix your goddamn typos already. Spell checkers exist for a reason.
  • For the GFZ unlockable, the Christmas version displays the same cutscene as the Demo 1 version.
  • The fact that the new shield system is used makes this mod pretty much useless. Unfortunately, the old shields cannot be returned without source code modification.
  • "It was either Srb2 2K3 or version 1.01 that brought us this next update." 2k3 was multiplayer only, so 1.01.
Old 07-24-2010   #117
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Okay, so:
1: how do I have more than 7 useable special stages? If you look at the unmodded game's SS8 it doesn't work like a special stage

2: Debut Castle Eggman is the unlockable. I wouldn't worry too much though, next update brings in 2.0's Castle Eggman due to the changes from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6. the extra tokens wont be needed any more

3: understood, I just don't know how to Soc bosses, but I assume that the Demo Bosses will be the easiest to recreate.

4: the Special stages are named that way because as far as I know, using a space doesn't work and Special stages don't have names. I just used a character that didn't show up on the title card.

5: I should get around to fixing that.

6: Where did I mess up this time?

7: Ack. I can't believe I didn't catch that. Fixing now.

8: You have demo 2K3?
Old 07-24-2010   #118
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
1: how do I have more than 7 useable special stages? If you look at the unmodded game's SS8 it doesn't work like a special stage
Only seven could be actually usable for emerald collection, but I think you could supply the rest anyway in different map slots. SS8 doesn't work because it has an end sector, not because of its slot.

Quote:
4: the Special stages are named that way because as far as I know, using a space doesn't work and Special stages don't have names. I just used a character that didn't show up on the title card.
I think that for the sake of readability, you should have title cards anyway. Sure, it would be slightly weird to have title cards show up during emerald collection, but I consider that minor in comparison.

Quote:
6: Where did I mess up this time?
Several occasions. I can list all the typos if you want.

Quote:
8: You have demo 2K3?
No, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before that it only contained multiplayer stages.
Old 07-24-2010   #119
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
I think that for the sake of readability, you should have title cards anyway. Sure, it would be slightly weird to have title cards show up during emerald collection, but I consider that minor in comparison.
It's because of readability that I don't include one. See this video to see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPE3Reg7fE (Jump to 1:36)

Quote:
Several occasions. I can list all the typos if you want.
If they are where I think they are, I think I just nabbed them with open office.

Quote:
No, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned before that it only contained multiplayer stages.
Spring Hill was multiplayer? (See wiki article http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Versions)
Also if I remember right, 1.1 or the #SRB2 fun beta was also ment to be mainly a Multiplayer update, but it still had single player levels in it.
Old 07-24-2010   #120
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
It's because of readability that I don't include one. See this video to see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsPE3Reg7fE (Jump to 1:36)
Okay, I'm convinced.

Quote:
Spring Hill was multiplayer? (See wiki article http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Versions)
Also if I remember right, 1.1 or the #SRB2 fun beta was also ment to be mainly a Multiplayer update, but it still had single player levels in it.
I knew you would bring up Spring Hill. I dunno, maybe it was the only single player level included at all, maybe the old maps from Demo 4 were included. But I remembered hearing somewhere that 2k3 was mulitplayer-only, and I doubt that it included any changes to the SP maps if they were there at all.
Old 07-24-2010   #121
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

This is why I made the "Have you seen me" topic for 2K3. I needed to be sure of certain levels. the levels I have label with 2K3 actually come from 1.0.4 and 1.0.8.