SRB2 set for SAGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Version numbers are arbitrary.

But the internal changes to SRB2 definitely warrant an upgrading to 2.0.

Mystic said:
I don't think you guys get it, so let me spell this out for you.

We are delaying SRB2ME for two months. The reason is that it is not quite done, and we would like to release a quality game for you to play. We are not releasing anything in May. We are not releasing a partial release, we are not releasing the full thing.

As much as we don't want to delay it, we also don't want to release something that is buggy and incomplete. We ask for you to be patient as we attempt to produce the best game we can for the actual release. I assure you that when SRB2ME comes out the extra two month wait will have totally been worth it.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I wait so long and you lay this shit on me? :(

Since when do you know what I do and do not play?

Just because I don't talk about it doesn't mean I play it. I'm also pretty god damn excited for the next version, to be honest.

Look on the bright side, Bigboi: at least the release date's set. I don't think they're going to hold this version back any longer.

Eblo the Hedgehog said:
So are we sticking to 1.1 or going to 2.0?

If I had a penny for every time this question was asked in #SRB2DEV.....

You could call it a delay, for that is indeed the primary purpose of the date, but like BW said, the release date is set. Previously, you just knew it was going to be "sometime in May"... you don't need to see it as a delay if you so desire, for it is also establishing a date that will not only effective for the SRB2 community (shortly after AJ's marraige), or the dev team (a few months ahead of the time when almost everything is ready to be ironed out), but also for the Sonic Scene. If we decide to participate in SAGE (I'm not exactly sure that releasing for SAGE means that specifically) then we are returning with a more complete game than ever.

(Disclaimer: The views and observations expressed in this post are that of the respective posters *me*, and does not in any way represent Sonic Team Junior or the Sonic community.)

Any chance you'll consider posting the source a few days early, so I can have a mac build ready when the data files are released with the Windows version?

If the code is finalized a few days before, heh.

If past releases are anything to go by, we'll be re-releasing shortly after release to fix bugs and things. =P

If the source is released early, nobody post a binary of it, so we can be all elite and go like "HURR DURR I CAN COMPILE WHAT NOW NOOBS"

Or we can tell you to shut up and not be a moron.

I like this idea better.

So, shut up and stop being a moron.

It's still SRB2ME, the M is MARRIAGE. SSNTails getting married is the reason it is called this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back