SRB2 set for SAGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
Wedding planning and getting ready and all of that other crazy stuff has turned out to be so much more daunting than ever expected. The Sky Sanctuary team has also been making some fantastic progress, allowing us to include things in the next version that I could never imagine making it. To release in May I think would be cutting all of their work too short.

So... we've decided on a new target - SAGE!

This will give us time to fix more bugs, perfect the multiplayer system, and give some extra polish to the Single Player mission. I know you have to wait a little bit more, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

SAGE begins on July 25th, 2009.

But don't think we won't keep you entertained in the mean time. Look for new YouTube videos in May and beyond.

Oh, and one more thing - the name of the release will still be Marriage Edition (SRB2ME).

Someone said:
Your just trying to generate hype!... and your doing well.

Sadly you're not doing to well in the grammatical areas. :D

1 month remaining was becoming quite daunting, this gives us devs a chance to make things even better. <3

So.. The release date got pushed back by two months?
I'm alright with that, so long as it's perfecting it's features.

It is. There's essentially a feature-freeze, which will allow us to focus on what's already there and make the current content better.

I don't mind at all. It's been like ten years since the first release, what's two more months? ^^

Also, SSN you're already doing so much, even just continuing with this as your marriage is coming up is more than anyone should ask for. I wish I had your perseverance and dedication...T-T

While I am somewhat disappointed that I will not be able to play SRB2ME for most of the summer, having a polished game always is for the better. It also gives SSN a much easier time with his busy life. Finally, releasing it at SAGE should hopefully get the attention of the more intelligent side of the Sonic community(hell, intelligent people in general), since that is something the SRB2 community is a bit lacking in.

Now I can't spite ME by calling it MEGA Edition or MONDO edition... or marmalade edition. Everything I spite SAGE edition with would have to start with a J, and that just isn't the same thing.

Ruining my fun aside, this sure gives my site plenty of time to host 1.09.4 contests. By all means, work like molasses!

... Molasses Edition. Famous for passing its due date.

SSNTails said:
So... we've decided on a new target - SAGE!

This will give us time to fix more bugs, perfect the multiplayer system, and give some extra polish to the Single Player mission. I know you have to wait a little bit more, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

SAGE begins on July 25th, 2009.

Oh,great! Now I can't help shake the feeling this setback is My fault.
:-( http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=17389
(I gonna stop making topics when it is close to July)

Oh noes, the SRB2 staff runs on Valve time!

But meh, I can wait, but it'd be nice to have something to tide us over until it's out. Maybe a rerelease of the match demo?

Well, I don't mind the setback, so long as it's perfecting the release to as much as it can.

Cue said:
Someone said:
Your just trying to generate hype!... and your doing well.

Sadly you're not doing to well in the grammatical areas. :D
koff koff

Also, SAGE stands for Sonic Amateur Gaming Expo, and it's basically a showcase of fangames. It's site is at http://sagexpo.org/ , but it's still showing the screen from the end of last year's SAGE right now.

Also, sage can also refer to a 4chan term.

I'm quite happy hearing this because it means that we will be getting a more polished game the we would be getting before, I also wish you guys luck in Sage (Isn't it a contest to see which fan game is the best or am I thinking of something else?)

I don't mind the delayed release, as I have no doubt it will be worth the wait. SRB2-SE will be everything we would have gotten out of SRB2ME, and more.
Besides, I'll have more time to port my characters over to the new version, so when it's released, I can just configure XWE for the new IWAD, compile the sprites into a WAD, and blast through the new stages as Blaze or Amy.
Chrispy said:
Yeah, but Nintendo delayed it for a whole year, only to toss in Sonic, a lagtastic online experience, and other features most of us will never even notice. Hardly worth the wait, I think. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back