Tortured Planet v10.5

Are you... going to address any of the issues with the pack overall, maybe even acknowledge that you read any of it?

ssxCEI7.png

10characters

ssxCEI7.png

10characters

Dang, thought I had fixed all of those.

Version 10.3 on its way, folks.

Are you... going to address any of the issues with the pack overall, maybe even acknowledge that you read any of it?

Wish you had been on IRC, where I did, in fact, acknowledge the problems.

This is an old level pack, I was a much less skilled level designer back then, and I don't much see the point in a serious attempt to overhaul it. I hadn't originally even intended to do anything other than a straight port, the only reason I did anything else is because my obsessive mind can't resist tinkering.

I'll fix the remaining bugs, so that everyone here who has been pestering me to do this will be satisfied. Perhaps I'll even make another port when we get to 2.2 and beyond. But I have bigger priorities, starting with my career. And insofar as I have time for SRB2, I'm much more concerned with my upcoming OLDC entries.

Last edited:
If you ever get around to over hauling levels and remaking them, might I suggest a remake of Alien Armageddon Zone? You can do all sorts of cool stuff because it's on an alien planet while keeping the apocalyptic theme to it. You could also make some custom textures and even enemies with that idea too.

Well, will you look at that? Tortured Planet is back!

Enjoyed the mod overall and certainly the new nice touches from 2.1 here and there. While I agree that Space Walk Zone and Alien Armageddon Zone aren't the most amazing levels ever, they are still levels, and for me it matters the fun you have on those levels, and since this is just a port, why change it drastically?

It's a nice thing that Space Walk zone is unlockable for who wants to play it because I certainly do want to. The only thing I can say is that if you want to work on this mod some more when you have time after the OLDC perhaps, reduce Alien armageddon a little. That's all.

I'm glad this mod is back and I'm one of those that is glad that the port was made.

I actually found minor bugs throught my small playthrough tonight but I will have to report them tomorrow since I am starting school tomorrow.

Well, will you look at that? Tortured Planet is back!

Enjoyed the mod overall and certainly the new nice touches from 2.1 here and there. While I agree that Space Walk Zone and Alien Armageddon Zone aren't the most amazing levels ever, they are still levels, and for me it matters the fun you have on those levels, and since this is just a port, why change it drastically?

It's a nice thing that Space Walk zone is unlockable for who wants to play it because I certainly do want to. The only thing I can say is that if you want to work on this mod some more when you have time after the OLDC perhaps, reduce Alien armageddon a little. That's all.

I'm glad this mod is back and I'm one of those that is glad that the port was made.

know that this tortured planet right back, but better to go and discovering the bugs so that it is one hundred percent better wad.
I really like this mod so I'm helping even if they are small bugs ;)

Last edited:
The game just crashed when I finished Fume Shaft Zone 3 -_-

Well, shit. Not only did you not replace that awful 2.0 Brak Eggman with the version from 2.1, but defeating him doesn't even end the level. He just lays there as dead as a rock, and nothing happens.

I was playing as Sonic in Single Player mode with no chaos emeralds collected. This happened both times that I beat him.

Well, shit. Not only did you not replace that awful 2.0 Brak Eggman with the version from 2.1, but defeating him doesn't even end the level. He just lays there as dead as a rock, and nothing happens.

I was playing as Sonic in Single Player mode with no chaos emeralds collected. This happened both times that I beat him.

I was afraid that might happen. With any luck, I'll be able to post a fix tonight.

By the way, the archived version of AAZ3 is still broken. Eggman gets stuck when he tries to go through the horizontal pipes.

Even if I know what you will not put any more efforts in Space Walk Zone, the act 2 is uncompletable, there is an invisible wall in front of a breakable one, and you are forced to break it to continue the level.
EDIT: NVM

By the way, the archived version of AAZ3 is still broken. Eggman gets stuck when he tries to go through the horizontal pipes.

Fix'd and fix'd.

By the way, people, it's not "Space Walk Zone" or "SWZ". It's "Spacewalk Zone" or "SZ". How would you feel if people couldn't even get your name right at your funeral?

Eggrock (ERZ) and Hydrocity (HCZ) are made up of two words combined into one word as well, and they're generally abbreviated the same.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back