Acid Missile v1.0 Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
Testing is over, version 1.0 is out! http://mystic.sepwich.com/srb2wad/download.php?cat=major&id=2

Well, I figured that since Chaos Zone and Mystic Realm are putting up newer versions, I should put mine up as well. If you find any problems or have any suggestions, please be sure to let me know.

I was hoping to have a set of special stages ready for v1.0, but I was pretty busy over the past week, and I don't really have any really good ideas for them right now. Hopefully I'll have them for a later version.

New special stages for testing. They probably won't make it into version 1 since I haven't completed a full set yet.
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.com/ffh/download.php?file=bcf530c98b614b9d7271aeb5566e896c

This is awesome. Waterfall valley act 2 is the Best level in the pack so far.
nice one FF :D

It's hard to tell if the slow moving platform in SRZ3 is gonna crush you because it blends in very well with the ceiling. This is especially true if you're in windowed mode in a high detail OpenGL mode.

Wow, slime silo was awsome! *tears open wad to figure out how to do that*

Oops, found secrets... and errors within them

Shrouded Terminal 1: the second midway point doesn't work. its bitset is probably the same as the 1st midway.

Shrouded Terminal 3: Title typo. In the wad Its called "Shrouded Serminal"

1: add back the bubble moniters and egg-flamer. The current SOC actions allow you to do this quite nicely, and without bugs.
2: Place invisible FOFs around the bridge fences in WVZ2 to make said bridge fences seem tangible. Look at THZ2 for an example of this mechanic.
3: Lower the final boss's HP from 16 to 12. It just lasts too long as it is.
4: In the final boss, use a "dummy" rocket item(one made in the SOC editor) that is the same as the normal cyberattack with the exception that it does not have the launching sound. As it is, the spammed launching sounds flood the sound channels to the point that parts of the music are not played. You could possibly make eggman play a different sound(like some "burst launch" sort of thing), independant of the cyberattacks, to fill in the gap left by the removed launching SFX.

So far, this is what I have fixed:

Fixed starposts in Shrouded Terminal 1.
Fixed Shrouded Terminal 3's name.
Lowered the final boss's HP from 16 to 12.
Made the crusher in Storm Ruins 3 more visible.

Now, about re-adding the Egg-Flamer for GMZ3, I'm not so sure if it'd be good. I get the feeling it might be too hard. I want everyone to give me their opinion on this. If enough people think it's good for GMZ3, I'll add it; if not, I won't. If you need the Egg-Flamer SOC, here it is:
Code:
Thing 177
painchance = 146
damage = 0

Light 22
Type = 0

No, FF, its not too hard. the fact is, the current one(as in the normal eggslimer) is too EASY. seriously, man! This is the penultimate boss! It needs some flair(and yes, I've played it before).

In the area with WVZ1's token, theres a load of GFZGRASS on the walls where the springs leading near the end.

At the end of WVZ2, you should put someway for sonic to get back up to the "lake".

Apparently we lost a few posts in this topic during the move. Anyhow, I reupdated the link at the first post to have the second test version, and I also added a new link for two special stages I've made that will probably be in a later version of Acid Missile.

It's not bug, the default sound is just changed. It does that with whichever character you choose unless they were given alternante audio data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back