Best Program for creating sonic games

Status
Not open for further replies.
ultrasonicsite said:
The games factory is EVIL! EVIL I SAY! IT is WAY to simple. The first game i tried to make barely ran at all, heck it wasnt even a game, it was a motorcycle going THROUGH the ramp and into the the fire, followed by some wizard apearing and then making rain come down and then he goes away and everything disapears, OOOO OOOO EXCEPT FOR THE CUTE LITTLE EXPLODING DOG!

Heh, I disagree completley. I use The Games Factory more often then any other game-making program. It's so much simpiler, the user interface is much better, and (though it would take a much longer route sometimes) can really do anything that MMF can do.

For a begginner, go with TGF all the way.

Mystic said:
And why did you bump a topic from last January?
Well i thought i might express my feelings about the program, which isnt too bad i guess, actually i should be thanking it, without it, i probably wouldnt have started making games. And i guess i was tired of waiting 2 hours for a new post to happen. - Now on to making MORE EXPLODING PUPPIES. I'm kidding...

Game Maker reminds me of RPG Toolkit, which is much, much easier to use than MMF or TGF, and because Game Maker actually makes more than RPGs, it is better than RPG Toolkit.

End.

Have you ever seen the Sonic games made by Game Maker? They suck. Really, really bad.

Game Maker is the kind of thing that integrates actual written programing. That means you have to devote your whole engine from scratch and have to type certain characters to make things right.

MMF however, works in the same principle, but is much more efficient in that. Sure, both have their own premade engines, but MMF has selective menus, also integrating advanced math, that greatly limits your choices down to a working engine.

It works a lot easier than having fifty billion different kinds of instructions, having to experiment them all to find a good combination that makes up a moving Sonic.

Well, some sonic games made with Game Maker suck, but i made a Sonic Demo that doesn't suck, but needs a little improvement, pm me if you want to try it :).

Hey, I'm new here, but not new to this argument. GameMaker dose not require you to use programing code. You start out with the menus and stuff, and you easily learn from there on in. Eventually, you start to use a bit more script, then a bit more, and it's really simple for you to use. Howerver, you should just use what you want to use. I love GM, but I could'nt figure out TGF. Find something you like and stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back