Sonic Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
9EE8E11FE6500EDBDA62B3F101F297BB43B980F7
Look the ears, looks very different.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

What offends me way more is how clearly wrong their "classic Sonic" physics are. There's clearly no momentum at all.
At least the game has the same physics than Sonic Generations, so that will make the game more familiar for all that have played Sonic G.

At least the game has the same physics than Sonic Generations, so that will make the game more familiar for all that have played Sonic G.

Still, the physics for Classic Sonic are not exactly like the Classic-Era Sonic games. The closest we ever got to those sort of physics from the Classic Era onwards before Sonic Mania are the Advance-Era games (partricularly the 1st/3rd Sonic Advance titles). Classic Sonic's control and movement in Generations is fairly stiff and feels heavy. The momentum is also cut when you destroy enemies or carry out various platforming segments, so it does not feel natural, nor smooth unless you spammed the spindash, which is also the case with Sonic Forces at the moment. The problem with these kind of engines and especially with a Sonic game focusing on 2 different types of gameplay styles, is that on a technical standard, it tends to benefit one and not the other which causes an imbalance between them. It needs to be balanced to allow the right amount of weight, control and general flow of where both characters are easy to control, there is smooth flow of phsyics and it doesn't cut down the momentum when you're trying to do high speed action in the game, This is also one of several reasons why I was hoping for this to be fully 3D and have Sonic Mania for the main 2D title.

Last edited:
This is also one of several reasons why I was hoping for this to be fully 3D and have Sonic Mania for the main 2D title.

Yeah, I think that would have made way more sense. Now that it's clear they haven't improved the physics for classic Sonic, I'm starting to wonder why they didn't just make Sonic Colors 2.

Yeah, I think that would have made way more sense. Now that it's clear they haven't improved the physics for classic Sonic, I'm starting to wonder why they didn't just make Sonic Colors 2.

An Unleashed 2 would have been better. I swear that so much money was put into the game that made it awesome and people simply brushed it aside because of the werehog

Well, you'd be the first person I've heard from who actually wanted the werehog to come back

Well, you'd be the first person I've heard from who actually wanted the werehog to come back

Im not asking for the werehog back, I just think that Unleashed had way more work put into it compared to colors and it was just a game that everyone brushed aside

Im not asking for the werehog back, I just think that Unleashed had way more work put into it compared to colors and it was just a game that everyone brushed aside
I fully agree with this. Although I think hallway gameplay is little more than just okay in general, I feel like Unleashed (HD) nailed it on the head whereas Colors just...wasn't nearly as enjoyable. At all. Generations had the best level design, but even that game fucked up royally by rewarding score based on time alone (and like 5% rings, big whoop). Honestly, if they just use Unleashed's scoring with Generations's level design, I will love the game to pieces even with Modern Sonic's redundant 2D sections.

There's a new trailer thingie out.
Finally, I can play as Sonic's friends in a new Sonic game without needing to install mods! In all honesty, it does seem pretty cool, but also pretty... weird. I'm not complaining, though. I'm excited to see how it's going to affect gameplay.
Edit: There's another new trailer thingie out, too. I have to say... some of the sound effects seem a bit lame in my opinion, but the game isn't out yet, so they could possibly change before release.

Last edited:
Before people cry that the playable Bubsy jokes aren't coming true... This just means you can make Bubsy instead.

And to my amusement, I didn't care about Sonic Forces until now. But now I kind of want it, just so I can shitpost by making Coldsteel the Hedgeheg and the various Character Wads that have come out over the years :V

That's not the problem, the hate is. Truth be told, I have mixed feelings but I DO like it, I fear the worst that if this game fails, than this franchise is going to be a punching bag for the other franchises, in other words: even more haters. On a less negative note, my excitement of this game has been greatly increased, I can not wait any longer! And I never expected this!

Last edited:
We all knew this day would come eventually. Though I didn't quite think it would be like this. Brace yourselves for all of the deviant art fan characters. Someone needs to do Coldsteel The Hedgehog or the HMS one from here. That would be hilarious.

It's Hedgeheg the Edgelord, anyways just want to say the character they used in the trailer looks so ugly like it's made of plastic, and it seems like they all look like that, I hope this isn't the Final state.

Last edited:
Lmao, I think SEGA knows exactly how much shit they're going to get for this. For that reason alone I kind of respect the decision.

Could be cool! Customizable characters means that you can experience the same levels in new ways, and I'm all for that kind of replayability. It's all a matter of execution, that's all.

(in snotty nerdy voice) Finally! *sniff* I can make my OC, Blackheart the Edgy Hedgehog!

In all seriousness, I think this adds something new to the table that will be pretty neat!
He/She's fast like Sonic, so it's like playing as Sonic, but with different abilities and such.
It really helps the consistency.

Original the Character made into an official game. Never thought I'd see the day...

But it does seem rather interesting to me.

I wasn't saying I didn't like the idea

That the characters aren't speed focused but rather Gadget-y makes it more palatable as well. Personally I think I'll enjoy it quite a lot, assuming I manage to get my hands on a suitable console when it comes out

Lmao, I think SEGA knows exactly how much shit they're going to get for this. For that reason alone I kind of respect the decision.

Could be cool! Customizable characters means that you can experience the same levels in new ways, and I'm all for that kind of replayability. It's all a matter of execution, that's all.

It's a little cringy, but hilarious because of the stigma of the whole fan character scenario. But I do think it's a genius move as people of different age demographics will eat this shit up and make god knows what out of it. I think it'll be a move that either makes or breaks them and now I understand the whole "Join the resistance"

What I really like is each species has different abilities that stand out from one another that can make the stages replayable, so I'll look forward to that aspect. I want to make Bubsy now lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back