Exit Sectors in Match levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
While taking a look at the official SRB2 Match levels in Doom Builder, I notcied that there were a few Exit Sectors in some of them. I checked the Wiki, and it says that Exit Sectors don't preform a function in Match or Tag. What are those sectors doing there?

They do perform a function in Tag, IIRC. I think players standing in an Exit Sector can't be tagged.

Last edited:
It's a case of two separate groups of people working on different things at the same time. The level designers modified the match maps to include tag specific functions (like no-tag zones) at the same time the programmers removed those very same things. Nobody bothered to remove the exit sectors because they don't do any harm in actual gameplay.

Well, one could argue that they do cause minor problems; they are totally disruptive to a player who is examining the level in an unsupported gametype. So if they no longer serve a purpose, why don't you guys take the necessary two seconds to remove them?

You could probably remove them in the same amount of time it would take to rebut my argument, in fact ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back