Roly Poly Putt

Status
Not open for further replies.
something that you could use, but is probably way too late since it's released, is something to tell you are in an incline, sort of like the thing pilots use to tell where the horizon is.
I can see that maybe this game is not complicated enough/doesn't have situations where intuiton doesn't do the job to need it, but I guess it's something to consider. You probably already have though, just throwing it out there.

When it asked me if I wanted to review the app in game, it opened itunes intead of the app store, and searched for roly-poly-putt with dashes instead of spaces. Obviously, it couldn't find it in the itunes store. Perhaps this is because it's still new? I'm having a blast so far btw!

Aw crap, that's probably a bug... thanks for finding it. It's like a catch22.. can't test those URLs until the game is out. :P

Posting this IRC log...
[15:10] <@Inuyasha> so um
[15:10] <@Inuyasha> can someone that owns RPP check to see if I'm credited anywhere
[15:16] <@Inuyasha> MI: I'd like for you to take a close look at 0:20 in the release trailer
[15:17] <@Inuyasha> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3518218/asc4.png http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3518218/asc4-a.png And then I'd like for you to look at this which you ought to remember
[15:17] <@Inuyasha> It's not just "similar", it is literally ripped right from XMOD
[15:17] <@Inuyasha> (compare the height of the pillars and position of obstacles in the level layout)
[15:19] <@Inuyasha> And thus I question A> what else of mine is used in the game and B> if I'm credited anywhere
[15:19] <@Inuyasha> if B, then I don't really care too much
[15:19] <@Inuyasha> but if not ... :\

Aw crap, that's probably a bug... thanks for finding it. It's like a catch22.. can't test those URLs until the game is out. :P
Ew, that stinks, and no problem! Also, I keep expecting GFZ music to start playing during the Swamp Tour. Also - How Do I Jump Achievement - YES.

I have a few small suggestions that I think would be easy to implement. I know the game was just released, so maybe you guys are already planning some of these:
- On your score card during the Grand Tour, I think it would be nice if shots over par are colored differently (perhaps shots under par as well).
- Have to reach a certain score in the first Grand Tour course to unlock the second. This adds a lot of replay incentive.
- Display your current course record on the course select screen in the Grand Tour.
- Perhaps make hole in one shots feel more rewarding? Despite the fact that there's the hole in one animation, it doesn't feel like I get enough of a reward for an HOI. This might be harder to implement, but perhaps a little cube bag of cubes pops out of the hole when you get an HOI, with a random bonus amount of cubes. Or even better, an instant lottery/slot machine type bonus that happens on spot with a chance to win little items. For example, some of the items from the shop, but only 1x-2x of them. A rare chance to get suits or more valuable items from this would be neat as well. As long as there is some kind of bigger reward or incentive.

犬夜叉;731050 said:
Posting this IRC log...
Special Thanks: Kepa iceta, Matt Walsh

Last edited:
犬夜叉;731050 said:
Posting this IRC log...

I PM'd you about this game over a year ago and you were cool with everything....??

I have a few small suggestions that I think would be easy to implement. I know the game was just released, so maybe you guys are already planning some of these:

These are great, thanks! I'm sure we can make some of them happen. I already submitted a patch today, so maybe you'll see some crop up the next time we do an update.

Last edited:
I PM'd you about this game over a year ago and you were cool with everything....??

I just didn't know if credit was given since I couldn't see anything on the site. Now I see that's the case so... carry on. =p

(Also my memory is terrible, this is a proven fact)

Last edited:
Are there plans to add any in-game plugs for srb2.org? :V

A new patch is out! Nothing major, the major stuff will start the first week of January.

Last edited:
Love the game. Will some gimmicks or level design ideas be in future versions in levels for SRB2?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I absolutly love the scorecard's music.

Last edited:
Just played again after the update, and I really like the updates! The cube screen after each hole looks so much nicer with the translucent background. And, wewt, you added in the different colors for under/over par! :P

Also, I'm tied for first on the front 9! Can't believe someone has 22 for the entire Sowbug Swamp Tour T-T

Hey everyone. Been a while. Apologies for the semi-bump, but I've wanted to say a few things for a while:

First things first, all of the support you guys have given this project is absolutely fantastic. Those of you who have purchased the game in particular - we really can't thank you enough. You're part of what's turning this hobby into a career (hopefully!) for us, and we really appreciate it.

How long did it take for you to make this game? I know you've been working on it since V 1.1, but that could mean that you worked on and off/etc.

Wizard2 has been around for ages, just sitting on the backburner...in terms of RPP-specific work, however, I'd say roughly three years ago.

Loads of suggestions

I know AJ already touched on this, but it's worth repeating: Please, keep these coming! Most of our focus testing was done with people outside of our core demographic (non-gamers) who couldn't really contribute much in the way of balanced ideas, so we had to rely on ourselves for the bulk of the brainstorming. Obviously we can't think of everything, though, so if you have a cool idea, don't hesitate to throw it our way.

Also, I'm tied for first on the front 9! Can't believe someone has 22 for the entire Sowbug Swamp Tour T-T

I remember reading this, checking the Game Center leaderboards, and laughing, because my sister was the one with 22 strokes. We designed the holes so that it's actually possible to sink Roly in one shot, regardless of level. Screw 22, go for 18! ;)

When it asked me if I wanted to review the app in game, it opened itunes intead of the app store, and searched for roly-poly-putt with dashes instead of spaces. Obviously, it couldn't find it in the itunes store. Perhaps this is because it's still new? I'm having a blast so far btw!

Hey, could have been worse...at least you didn't order 1000 business cards with the QR code going to the wrong page...which I totally did not do...

Anyways, figured I'd leave a little something special here, so I whipped together a desktop wallpaper for you guys. Enjoy!

wallpaper-roly2.png

Wow a wallpaper for a resolution nobody uses anymore thanks Spazzo. :P

In all seriousness I picked this up during the free period (sorry) I've been playing it on my mum's iPhone 3GS, which to my suprise runs it really well!

Game's a lot of fun too! Just wish it were on a platform I have.

Got a resolution of choice? I just picked the closest size I could that didn't require me to re-render the scene. If there's interest in wallpapers, however, I can set up a batch operation in Maya and export a few more common sizes.

3GS/iPod Touch 4G support are the bane of my existence, since they're the lowest spec devices we have to support. If you ever get the chance, try the app out on an iPad Mini/iPhone 4S or better to see all the visual effects really come to life.

Glad to hear you got the app though! The free weekend was quite successful :)

Last edited:
I didn't know whether to bump this topic (again..), bump this topic, or make a new one entirely, so I settled with just posting here instead.

I will be representing Spaddlewit at this year's LevelUp 2013 convention in downtown Toronto on April 3rd. For those unfamiliar with the event, here is what it was like last year.

If you're around the GTA, come by and say hi! Just like last year, the event is completely free of charge, and open to the public. You can find more details about the event location, time, etc. here: http://spaddlewit.com/spaddlewit-is-going-to-levelup/

Two things I will note: I will be demoing a version of Roly that's yet to be released to the App Store, so you effectively get to beta-test a unique build of the game.

Another thing I'd like to make note of is that one SRB2 community member (Kitoko) has already confirmed that he will be attending! You should all try and join him, imagine the fun we'll get up to if a bunch of SRB2ians were to show up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back