mt_OldFort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks quite decent. I can't comment on the object placing without playing a netgame, but this is a little cramped. You need plenty of room to run, shoot and dodge, especially in the central and outer areas where you would expect a little bit of space... it was pretty hard to run around there without bumping into the springs that are supposed to send you into the second story. Lower the floor for that by the way, it should be a little bit easier for the springs to send you into it, the second story also should have something a little more interesting than the exact same thing it has beneath it. Maybe it should have speed sneakers or a shield.

Also I might recommend making the stairs more like a ramp so its not quite so hard to get to the top, or maybe use blue springs and taller floors. Its too much slower than the spring in the middle in the current version.

Just the same it looked like a pretty neat layout, though it could be a little more interesting if you didn't opt for perfect symmetry. There are no real interesting gimmicks either, and while they aren't necessary, a properly implemented one can make a level much better. Most importantly look into spacing it out though...

I liked it. Except for the stairs. I had to jump over them all the time. At home I don't jump to get to the stairs... All other is good.
6/10

I'd say a nice level over all. I have to agree with the other two on the stairs. The thought of jumping up them all while fighting off other players is scary.

Overall though I would say a pretty decent level.

Sorry to say but, I've quit working on this level. Why? While I was working on this level, it glitched up, and now I lost it. Sorry.

Super Trace568 said:
Sorry to say but, I've quit working on this level. Why? While I was working on this level, it glitched up, and now I lost it. Sorry.

Use a backup WAD.

This looks to similar to a multiplayer player level. It actually looks like Thunder casade and Airborne temple combined, just without the rain and it's day time, no wait...it was day time in Thunder Casade just raining. Still, congrats on this WAD.

Doombuilder makes auto-saves for every map and updates them periodically. Check the map's folder for it and take a quick look at the layout in XWE to see if it still works. Also if you've messed with it in XWE there may be some backups there too. If it all works find, then delete the buggy copy and rename the backup and change the extension back to normal.

Alternatively why not just download your own wad from the internet and start from there? As odd as it sounds I've made a mod which I've had to download from where I released it to access it for reference multiple times.

Wild_One said:
The link was removed...my guess that the WAD was bad or is it?

When I was working on it, the level glitched up, plus I forgot to make a backup. I have no idea why I removed the link. I'm going to post the link again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back