• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Rusty Bucket Bay Map (Demo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsilon

Ok i'm making a Match/Tag map from Banjo-Kazooie Rusty Bucket Bay.
And this time I made back-ups so I won't quit this time.

Here's a screenshot
srb20001-1.png

NOTE: no thok barrier yet walls will be lower

The toxic waste don't fall!
srb20002-1.png

The Front of the unfinished boat & yes I know its wooden
srb20003-1.png

The boat in OpenGL and yes I know not alot of detail
srb20004-1.png

Heres the link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/trq4jj

Well i'm not done yet I still have to make the ship which is taking a long time, and I will give more screens when I get the ship added.

Will you do the inside of the boat, and the bottom crap too?

Add detail and obstacles. Like polluted water or something.

I'd give the water a brown colormap... it would really make it look dirty... Then make liberal use of the rusty textures... Then shrink the whole thing a bit and read Level Design 101...

Actually, do that in reverse order... ;-)

The last Banjo-Kazooie map I saw released to these forums failed quite horribly because it was too small and cramped.

When making a level based off another game, you must be sure it is correctly suited for SRB2 gameplay.

It was bacause of that that I canceled my Rusty Bucket Bay Map. But seein your's, maby we could have a Glaber Syndrom Contest on this one.
(KIDDING!)

Well I don't know how to add textures to srb2 doom builder and I did read the level design 101. And I can't find the color code for brown

Rusty textures are already there... (somewhere in 'MET' I think...)

Also for brown color you can use a good image editing software to pick a color and retrieve the hex value, if not. Go into paint, get your color, write down the values in the Red, Blue, and Green boxes...

Then go into calculator and one-by-one type them in and using the advanced version (enabled in one of the drop-down menus on the toolbar) convert to [Hex] then put the three value together as well as another value deciding density... 0 being really dense and F being completely see-through...

Then use the colormap...

Otherwise, just use SRB2:DB to make a water fof in the fof editor, and steal the colormap, applying it to the other ones...

My ideas about this...

I understand being grounded for C's. My parents are the same way. (College obsessions) It's totally unfair, especially that I could get grounded even if grade cards haven't come out. (That's called the internet used in a bad way lol.)

Anyway, I'm a fan of BK myself (or at least I was before I got my game cube) so loving your level. (Maybe you or I should make a Banjo Kazooie character wad to make this even more interesting lol)

Well now, I can say that this map is big. Lots of rings, good. Water while not colored could had at least had darker lighting, more so under the Ship. the toxic pool was shallower than I expected, but I'm glad it kept the toxicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back