• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow Robo Blast 2 (sc_shrb2.wad) - Demo 2 out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fickleheart

ms reflec beat stan
Shadow Robo Blast 2 is my first full level mod to be released on the SRB2 message boards. The idea came from Shadow the Hedgehog. It is currently in the design stages. This mod supports all current modes.

Current Progress: 2nd level Hero branch, 1 each of MP modes done.

Screenshots

Download

God, what is with Shadow now? He's practically taking over Sonics place as Main character. Also, the screenshots need passwords.

Heh, I like it, but it's really cramped. I did the Hero Mission, and it looks like you already know a lot about level editing. The problem is, I don't think you're really cut out for single player maps. You'd probably be better at making nice, open, match maps.

I still like the concept though.

Tried it, a little cramped, but its pretty good.

EDIT: Also, I killed the people, then saved them...in one round. You should make it so when you do one, the other exit is blocked.

Vash said:
Hasn't this been done then canned before?
Yes, but it was done by someone who always starts a project and never finishes..... It was....... It was....... It was.........

SPOILERS

ROBOEGG!

Vash said:

ImageShack said:
This album is private. Please login.

..Private? What? No, don't upload something private.
Sorry. I thought I fixed that. I'll try it again.

EDIT: It's already fixed. You must've looked just after I posted. I had to fix it after noticing that.

Sonow Hakura said:
Vash said:
Yes, but it was done by someone who always starts a project and never finishes..... It was....... It was....... It was.........

SPOILERS
That figures.. I knew it was done before..

Vash said:
Sonow Hakura said:
Vash said:

SPOILERS
What a coincidence. I didn't know about that. BTW, I'm gonna try to finish mine by making it about 5 or 6 levels, AKA short.

Dude_ said:
Tried it, a little cramped, but its pretty good.

EDIT: Also, I killed the people, then saved them...in one round. You should make it so when you do one, the other exit is blocked.
I'm working on that part. It already blocks the way out for the Hero Mission, and unless you use Knuckles or Tails, it's hard to get out from the Neutral exit. Some of the couple things.

RedEchidna said:
What a coincidence. I didn't know about that. BTW, I'm gonna try to finish mine by making it about 5 or 6 levels.
5 or 6 levels, huh? I don't think that would be all of it, though..

Anyways, by the looks of the pictures, some areas looked cramped.

5 or 6 as in 5 or 6 that you play in one go-through. I'll probably make about 15 or 20 overall, just counting the single player levels.

Vash said:
Sonow Hakura said:
Vash said:

SPOILERS
Actually, it was going to be made by someone else quite a while back. I think it was either a request though, canned or just had no proof yet.

This mod looks great but, how do I do the missions I got to the heros block and stand still. Am I supposed to press sometime or teleport? I hope someone will answer this question....

Those people really DO need saving. Someone left the stove on.

I haven't messed with linedef executors much, but maybe when you step on a mission box, the linedef executor should also disable the other 2 missions. Maybe just make them instantly move out of the way, like dissapear on the ground.

And I have a feeling that you somehow need SRB2JTE's Chaos Control to pass this level. I killed the two crawlas, and nothing happened. And once I reach the ceiling by using the spring inside the house, I always get killed by some sort of explosion.

CZ64, go up the steps. Then thok over to the metal.

Also, cramped hallways and steep steps. Those are the primary problems with this level, though we can move on to concept design later.

Sonow Hakura said:
Vash said:
Yes, but it was done by someone who always starts a project and never finishes..... It was re99!

Re99 started everything, and nothing, and some stuff that never made it off his own form. Please ignore all of his unfinished projects.

And btw, 5 levels sounds right; 20 doesn't. Levels need to be produced with care, not the rapid mass production of re99. To maney levels can be bad, esspecialy if they are based off a game that nobody likes.

Sonow Hakura said:
Vash said:

SPOILERS

ROBOEGG!

Couldn't you have done that without the suspense or whatever it was? >_< and as I saw there were Three shadow the hedgehog things(redzonic,me, and redenchidna).

Here's a few suggestions I'd like to make:
1. Longer level
2. Game music (Westopolis theme, etc.)

Things that would really make this mod/wad good:
1. If it's a mod, the enemies should be Black Arms
2. At the end of an act it should have a chaos emerald (like in the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back