SRB2 AL

Possible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
a441 said:
I don't like level-specific stuff in the code. It gives THE AUTHORS unfair advantages in building levels. The crazy THZ2 button is a good example. Eventually, the linedef executor will be able to make that kind of effect (and much much more), so add-on level makers can have their own crazy buttons.

I disagree. I'm talking about stuff like special objects (the turret), a shaking effect from an eruption, etc. A lot of stuff in the Sonic games are hard coded specific to a level. You can't get away from it without going into generalities.

Megasonic101/SRB2 said:
?! Mystic, lot's of us use DCK, and can make gigantic levels too! Making new texture sets is pretty damn easy, and if you ever need any help on the textures, just ask, damnit!
That's a lot of damning. O_o

SRB2, if making texture sets is easy for you, make some! My artistic ability is nonexistent, so I can't draw decent textures, no matter how hard I try.

I can make a texture of dots. ^_^' I might make some Zim's Base-like textures for a level, but that's about it...

I have a small question... If textures are so important that levels cannot be done for that... Then why not using old Sonic games Textures, do the levels and then, when finished, changing all textures again by using the same name???

The new textures are not necessarily going to resemble old Sonic games' textures. There are lots of special-purpose images, like the conveyor belt floors in THZ. Besides, since the old Sonic games are 2D instead of 3D, all you can get from them is wall textures. Some of those wall textures will also work on floors and ceilings, but not all.

a441 said:
SRB2, if making texture sets is easy for you, make some! My artistic ability is nonexistent, so I can't draw decent textures, no matter how hard I try.

I am! if you PM me, I'll send you the Sonic Heroes3D (The SH game that runs off off the SRB2 engine, modified) which has LOADs of texture changes. It IS easy!

Besides, since the old Sonic games are 2D instead of 3D, all you can get from them is wall textures. Some of those wall textures will also work on floors and ceilings, but not all.

I don't like that; having the same wall and floor textures looks really, super bland. That is the main problem with THZ2 right now; it's all the same freaking shade of grey. I know the it's supposed to be a "dull" looking level, but that doesn't mean it has to be a REPETETIVE looking level =P

I think it looks awful. Very amateurist and extremely boring to look at. Also makes it look plain confusing; you easily get lost. Considering the good design of everything else in SRB2, having lame texture work is something that dissapoints me.

BlazeHedgehog said:
I think it looks awful. Very amateurist and extremely boring to look at. Also makes it look plain confusing; you easily get lost. Considering the good design of everything else in SRB2, having lame texture work is something that dissapoints me.

Yep. It needs to be able to be disinguishably good, at the very least. The shades of grey get very very boring, and damn fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back