help!! i want coronas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messias the Werehog

My new acc is "救世主 Messiah"
could someone give me source code to make coronas?
I am wanting to create a map that will contain illuminated poles
it can be a detailed explanation I am very grateful
XD

To make a map with illuminated poles, you will have to make multiple sectors around the pole, each with the light level decreasing incrementally. For example, the pole is Sector 1. Surrounding Sector 1 is Sector 2, a very bright sector. Then surrounding that is sector 3, a medium-bright sector. Then is Sector 4 that surrounds Sector 3, a slightly-bright sector; and all the sectors lay inside of the normal map sector, the normally lit one.

Last edited:
Coronas aren't available in the vanilla build, but (according to a friend) re-enabling them for a custom EXE is as simple as flipping on a specific DEFINE somewhere in the code. I don't know which one specifically, though.

Coronas aren't available in the vanilla build, but (according to a friend) re-enabling them for a custom EXE is as simple as flipping on a specific DEFINE somewhere in the code. I don't know which one specifically, though.
Define ALAM_LIGHTING in hardware/hw_light.h.

Last edited:
Then what does "GR_Corona" in the consol do?

I think it'll either toggle or change the intensity of the coronas provided that your copy of the game was compiled with support for them. Wiki probably has details.

I Still think SRB2 will look awesome with Dynamic Lights,imagine Glowy Shields
grJkAD.jpg

If you can make dynamic lighting like that look good in Software mode, go right ahead.

If you can make dynamic lighting like that look good in Software mode, go right ahead.

Both Software and OpenGL has their advantages and disadvantages. Just because one mode does not support a feature doesn't mean you can't include it in the other.

I think the main reason they were removed from OpenGL was because they would cause obvious imbalance in the multiplayer modes where players would be lit up in darkness by them. Making people far easier to see obviously.

Both Software and OpenGL has their advantages and disadvantages. Just because one mode does not support a feature doesn't mean you can't include it in the other.

Not when we're aiming for feature parity between both rendering modes we aren't.

I think the main reason they were removed from OpenGL was because they would cause obvious imbalance in the multiplayer modes where players would be lit up in darkness by them. Making people far easier to see obviously.
People can take it as a Challenge,Player don't have to get a Shield to Hide right ?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Quake Engine (ID Tech 1,2) and GoldSrc Engine are able to Show Dynamic lighting in Software mode,it Maybe a fake Lighting

Enables coronas and dynamic lighting, but has no effect despite saying on due to it being disabled in the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back