Modernly Heroic & Sonic Boom MD2s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see NO difference. They both look exactly the same apart from the updated one having a darker blue. The skin still looks puke yellow. Look at official art:

The updated one is on the left

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Here is one with labels on it this time, and from a different angle:

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Yay, third post in a row. I update the texture a bit, and now I can say it looks like the Sonic Boom character:

The Sonic on the left is my model, all I did was raise his head a bit to match the position of the other Sonic's head.

Yay, third post in a row. I update the texture a bit, and now I can say it looks like the Sonic Boom character:

The Sonic on the left is my model, all I did was raise his head a bit to match the position of the other Sonic's head.

Well, the skin now looks very good, but are you STILL working on that model and not going to release the other one? That one looked like much, MUCH more than just a Sonic Heroes edit.

Well, the skin now looks very good, but are you STILL working on that model and not going to release the other one? That one looked like much, MUCH more than just a Sonic Heroes edit.

Which model are you talking about? Both these models are simple edits of the Sonic Heroes model believe it or not. The Modernlyheroic.md2 is a simple texture edit along with some hair changes, so that it doesn't stand out as much (as well as the shoes).

The Sonic Boom model is the same model as modernlyheroic (in otherwords same model as Sonic Heroes), but with an extra spike and scarf thingy.

And the Sonic Boom updated model, since you are requesting fixes, which is what I am doing, is being updated as you request fixes, and will be uploaded when fixes are done.

Which model are you talking about? Both these models are simple edits of the Sonic Heroes model believe it or not. The Modernlyheroic.md2 is a simple texture edit along with some hair changes, so that it doesn't stand out as much (as well as the shoes).

The Sonic Boom model is the same model as modernlyheroic (in otherwords same model as Sonic Heroes), but with an extra spike and scarf thingy.

And the Sonic Boom updated model, since you are requesting fixes, which is what I am doing, is being updated as you request fixes, and will be uploaded when fixes are done.

But I still see something in the first shown model that just looks like a completely different and better model than the current one...
EDIT: WAIT A SECOND...What if I change things around on the model a bit.....................
JHGcrit.png

AHA!
Wait...It still looks different.

Last edited:
But I still see something in the first shown model that just looks like a completely different and better model than the current one...
EDIT: WAIT A SECOND...What if I change things around on the model a bit.....................
JHGcrit.png

AHA!
Wait...It still looks different.

Again, you are looking at the old outdated one, and I hardly see a difference anyhow. Maybe it was the potato quality of the photo since I took it with my phone due to problems with me uploading pictures from my computer at that time. I can assure you its the same model, the only differences were some horried texture misplaces, but I decided to make a new decision. I will simply remake it, to not be a simple edit of modernlyheroic, but an actual attempt of an edit of the Sonic Heroes model:

Last edited:
Again, you are looking at the old outdated one, and I hardly see a difference anyhow. Maybe it was the potato quality of the photo since I took it with my phone due to problems with me uploading pictures from my computer at that time. I can assure you its the same model, the only differences were some horried texture misplaces, but I decided to make a new decision. I will simply remake it, to not be a simple edit of modernlyheroic, but an actual attempt of an edit of the Sonic Heroes model:

Already looking great. I hope you continue this and release it.

After working some more on the Sonic Boom model and become a bit bored, I decided to randomly recreate this scene using Sonic Robo Blast 2:

Last edited:
After working some more on the Sonic Boom model and become a bit bored, I decided to randomly recreate this scene using Sonic Robo Blast 2:

I gotta say, after all that request fixing, the model is coming out really well. Now all i gotta do is wait for a sonic boom wad and the Sonic Boom Sonic is complete!

Looking at it, I think you should change his proportions to match the Sonic Boom design. Or you could make 2 versions, one using the normal proportions and the other using the Sonic Boom proportions.

Looking at it, I think you should change his proportions to match the Sonic Boom design. Or you could make 2 versions, one using the normal proportions and the other using the Sonic Boom proportions.

I did a simple edit after reading this to try to fufill your suggestion, and here is the result:

Here is also a comparison between the proportioned version and the original look, using the same scene:

(Yeah, the mouth isn't quite right, but I didn't want to go back and fix it for the sake of looking a tad bit better in this picture).

Fun Fact: The facial expressions that will be used for this use the expressions that are on the Sonic Colors model.

I did a simple edit after reading this to try to fufill your suggestion, and here is the result:
Here is also a comparison between the proportioned version and the original look, using the same scene:

(Yeah, the mouth isn't quite right, but I didn't want to go back and fix it for the sake of looking a tad bit better in this picture).

Fun Fact: The facial expressions that will be used for this use the expressions that are on the Sonic Colors model.

Better, but I think sonic's torso in Sonic Boom is bigger.
sonic_boom_characters.jpg

Also, you're completely missing that extra needle on each side of his head. It's way smaller than the other needles, and it's between the bottom two big needles.

wtf i seriously cant think of a better word than needle

Also, you're completely missing that extra needle on each side of his head. It's way smaller than the other needles, and it's between the bottom two big needles.

Ah, right, that one was pretty obvious, dunno why I never commented about that one.
Perhaps soon this will become the best Sonic Boom model recreation ever.
...Until some modelling professional decides to step into models resource and create some super duper high poly recreation with every single little detail.

Ah, right, that one was pretty obvious, dunno why I never commented about that one.
Perhaps soon this will become the best Sonic Boom model recreation ever.
...Until some modelling professional decides to step into models resource and create some super duper high poly recreation with every single little detail.

Who said anything about wanting to be the best? :P This is a simple edit that I choose to do for the hell of it, not for being the best. Becides, there already is someone who beat me to it, infact I had asked him to work with me on something. Here is his model (EXTREMELY HIGH POLY):

I tried using Blender's poly decimation tool, (which is one of the best tools known to reduce polycount auto-maticly), and the model is soo high poly, its gloves and shoes are already over the limit by 5,000 faces, and some 10,000 verts.

Still, my model isn't that far off, and is way less poly:

tyler52 said:

I made a test of the small spike/needle on the side of his head earlier today before you had posted, and trust me when I say it did not fit this model in any way possible. I tried to somehow implement it to fit the design, but it looked horried.

EDIT: Gave it another try, and now it looks 'meh', but I will post it here for opinions:

Last edited:
Is this model even an edit of the heroes model anymore? This looks MUCH better than just an edit of that.

Is this model even an edit of the heroes model anymore? This looks MUCH better than just an edit of that.

Literally everything on this model (excluding textures) were taken from the Sonic Heroes model. The scarf is simply the top of his chest duplicated, and reformed to look like a scarf, the smaller spikes on his side and top of head is his top spike duplicated and reformed to resemble the one on the original character design. Strange how simple edits make things look totally different.

EDIT: Does anyone else have anymore recommendations or fixes they wish to say or point out? If not I will begin remaking the animations.

Last edited:
Hmm, just how HD can you make the textures look? Right now the pictures you've shown look very low quality, unless that's just because you resized small images. What resolution do you use on your computer?

Hmm, just how HD can you make the textures look? Right now the pictures you've shown look very low quality, unless that's just because you resized small images. What resolution do you use on your computer?

When making these pictures I simply screenshot misfit² and resize them, hence the low-quality. If the model is kept at HD³, it would look like this:

²:

³:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back