[Open Assets] Air Glider

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varren

Top 50 In #FortniteMostWanted
Sonic Team Junior
Since I don't know what else to do with this, I've decided to release this for anyone to use in level making.

What it does:

This turns Blackeggman's missile mobj into a glider which can be used when jumped onto.

If you jump off of it, it will continue to glide off on its own.
Landing on the floor while gliding onto it results in you letting go of it.

Currently if you crash you won't fall.

Content:
Preview Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6dK55ihrE
Screenshot:
srb20211.png

If you want to change the sprite if you use this anywhere you plan, just change the sprite of the state 463 - S_BLACKEGG_MISSILE to anything you want (or custom) and set the frame to it's idle.

If you want the object to be destroyed on crashing change the thing 42 - MT_BLACKEGGMAN_MISSILE's death state to 258 - S_BPLD1 or you can make your own. Also change the death sound for sfx during crash.

Download:

The soc includes a wad to test out the glider.
Mirror 1: ----Download----
Mirror 2: ----Download----

Attachments

• missileflytest.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,792
Can the Missile be turned into a new object?

As far as I know, no.

If it became a new object, then it will just be a plain non-moving object since the missile is hardcoded in the exe.

This is awesome. I just objectplaced this in a bunch of different levels and flew around all of them.

I've said this before, but I can think up mounds of level design opportunities for something like this. Definitely something I want to use in the future.

One problem I see with this is that it's hard to create a room for this that doesn't make the player feel cramped and gives them a feeling of freedom.

Do I sense a stage based on this mod?

This is pretty cool, but I think the gliding speed should be based on how fast you run into it, if that's possible.

This is very cool,but nobody should make it necessary to beat the stage, or it might make coop problems. Other than that very nice.

...Oh HELLS yeah. DEFINITELY gonna use this for SURE. Thanks for making this public, Pac.
But here's an odd thing; touching the front hurts you, even when still. I noticed enemies do it to, so I can guess you were TRYING to make it able to attack enemies, but I'd rather you take that feature out, personally.

Also, I dunno if it's just XSRB2, but there are sounds effects in the menus. Please remove them, since they have nothing to do with the wad anyway.

Last edited:
...Oh HELLS yeah. DEFINITELY gonna use this for SURE. Thanks for making this public, Pac.
But here's an odd thing; touching the front hurts you, even when still. I noticed enemies do it to, so I can guess you were TRYING to make it able to attack enemies, but I'd rather you take that feature out, personally.

I think you have to remove the missile flag to get rid of it hurting you. Then again that might not make it move.

Also, I dunno if it's just XSRB2, but there are sounds effects in the menus. Please remove them, since they have nothing to do with the wad anyway.

Huh what soundeffects?

Just amazing! We can "dream" levels for it.

Level landscape can now receive an advanced and deeper approach, giving new possibilities of gameplay and experience.

(Bad pun: What does SRB2 do that other games don't?)

A Hang-glider thing MUST be officially implemented in SRB2.

Sky High Zone GG in SRB2. *Why are you giving me that look?*

>2000FU-wide corridors, please.

Last edited:
Hey, cool. Someone actually implemented what I was planning on doing with this code, just in a different design.

You can be assured that we already are planning on doing something like this at some point, if nothing else but to allow the player to understand the mechanics of missile riding before they get to Brak Eggman.

I've gotten quite a few SigSegvs while using this in the official levels. Once while I turned objectplace off and another when I got crushed while riding it.

Also:
srb20002-1.png

EPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back