GraphicX8000v5_5.wad - [Version 5.5 RELEASED!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
Version 5.5 released, now file size friendly.

(Version. 5.5)
*File Size is MUCH less than v5, it's barely over 1MB now compared to 16MB.
*Chaos Emeralds and Hidden Emblems now animate.
*Support for XSRB2 has been dropped, however it can still be added, if anyone still uses XSRB2 these days...
*The Special Stage Token has been given a extra free frame so it doesn't use TOKEA0 anymore. This means it no longer bugs out when this file is added via the SRB2 Launcher.
*Some changes to the HUD, the Rings, Item Boxes and other stuff.
---
(Bugs)
*Collected Hidden Emblems don't become translate when already collected. This may be due to the Extra Frames making it visible. Only fix I know is to make the Emblem use only 1 frame unless someone knows a fix for this.
*1up Boxes for Tails & knuckles still use their default 1up Boxes but you already know about this since v2.
--------------------------------------------------
(Item list)
itemlist.png
*Pending...*

(In-game screenshots)
GraphicX8000-01.png
GraphicX8000-001.png

*Rings and checkpoint*
---
GraphicX8000-02.png
GraphicX8000-002.png

*Special Stage Token*
---
GraphicX8000-03.png
GraphicX8000-003.png

*Special Stage*
---
GraphicX8000-04.png
GraphicX8000-004.png

*Emerald results*
---
GraphicX8000-05.png
GraphicX8000-005.png

*Match/CTF Stuff*
----------
If there's any bugs, please let me know.

Attachments

• GraphicX8000v5_5.zip
    184.5 KB · Views: 3,569
Last edited:
Well, I'm impressed. The Os, Zs and some other letters on the title text needs a little reshaping, and I personally just can't STAND those diamond-like emeralds (But it's a personal thing really, don't waste your time changing those), but I like all the other stuff. 4 stars outta me, keep up the good work!

Oh, I spotted an error: In special stages, the number showing how many rings to get in the "Get X Rings" text is a bit too low...

How do you make the Milli seconds appear? (EG. 1:04:23)

Options, Game Options, Full Resolution Timer = Full.

EDIT: Apparently, the game acts as if I modified the game, so I can't join netgames with it, and my hosted games lag a lot...
...Well, THAT was a waste.

Last edited:
TIMETIC 2, Full Res only has the numbers showing as numbers counting upwards from 0 to whatever number you want it at.

The game is modified because you have the file added, which disallows joining other servers.

D00D64, could I get a screenshot of the error by any chance?

I know, but I thought it would be like Music wads and not do that, since it's not directly modifying the game in a way that is cheating.

Also, the Error:
jv5dw3.png

Odd... I don't seem to get that error, but I am making a guess here.

It might be the Window Res that you are using, because I do recall someone telling me about that.

I'll double check to see if this happens.

EDIT : Yep, it might be the Window Res that you are using, because I don't get that error.

Try using 640X400 or 320X200 Res, I use 640X400 Res, and I just notice that other Res's mess up the placements of the HUD.

Last edited:
SonicX8000, this is why I love you... in a non-homosexual way.
I know, but I thought it would be like Music wads and not do that, since it's not directly modifying the game in a way that is cheating.
Because using the same type of mod, someone could grey-out the walls, white-out the floors, and make the players little pink hitboxes.

Last edited:
Because using the same type of mod, someone could grey-out the walls, white-out the floors, and make the players little pink hitboxes.

You mean having a bunch of multicolored furries running about wasn't big ehough of a target? :P

Seriously, if that's cheating, then using the angle cursor is too.

What I think about this wad is: AWESOME!! And i agree with fawfulfan. But Sonicx8000, you gonna make a 3rd version of this?

Another victory for you, I must say, however, I dislike how big the emeralds are and how the weapons sprites are, and that's what has made me to take some points. Overall it's Great, but not Perfect. 8,5/10.
Oh and did I mention that Tails' life icon is too little compared to Sonic's and Knux's icons?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back