Suggestions

Objects with MF_BOSS don't tend to use extrainfo, right? What if their extrainfo were used to shift the linedef executor tags they use? Of course, this would require some shifting of the tags triggered since they're already up against 65535. This would allow for multiple bosses in the same map, like some sort of gauntlet.

A potential new system would work like this. Their death would be 1000+extrainfo*4, their pinch phase would be 1001+extrainfo*4, their "additional action" would be 1002+extrainfo*4 (drop cage for Eggscalibur, raise pop-up barriers for 2.1 Brak, break middle section for 2.0 Brak), and rising an egg capsule would possibly work at 1003 + extrainfo*4. (That sounds stupid when considered purely as egg capsules, but when you think about opening doors with that tag instead...)

The tag used for all bosses dead does not need to be put into this system but considering the pinch phase tag has changed it would probably be good to shift it along to replace LE_PINCHPHASE.

An additional suggestion would be that boss waypoints are ignored if they don't have the same parameter as the boss attempting to access them, but that's not specifically related to linedef tags.

Last edited:
Additional sprites for looking up and down

Yeah, as the title says, I think it would be pretty cool if there were sprites for when you look up and down. I really don't know if this would be a feature, but 1 use I could come up with was that in Co-op mode online or local, if there was something dangerous over you that someone finds out, other people near would see that person looking up and would look up too to then run away or find out you need to attack. Still though, I highly doubt that this will be a feature. Maybe, just maybe it will, but most likely not. ...I'm also worried that this would be removed as well...or maybe that is a good thing...? ...I'm done.

I don't know if this is possible but;
would there be a way to make the invincibility / supersneaker music restart from where it should be if it gets interrupted?
If I badly explained this,
I mean that if I get an extra life, it would be good to restart the sneaker music from where it should be instead of the begining, as the music is the primary way to know when the power will end (aside of going to chasecam 0)

Saving After An Act, Not a Zone

Whenever I decide to play good 'ol SRB2, I always see a kink in the saving system that should be improved on. Instead of saving the game at the end of every zone, I would love to see the game save after every act. That way, say you die at ERZ3 right at the end. You are booted back to the title screen, and you go back in. If this was put in, we wouldn't have to start all the way back at ERZ1, and we could start at the beginning of the level we left off in. This would not only make playing that hellish zone more manageable, but it would create less frustrating moments overall.

I have no idea if this can even be done or not because of the way SRB2 is programmed, but if it can be done, it would be a very nice addition to 2.2! If not, It would be completely understood.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this is possible but;
would there be a way to make the invincibility / supersneaker music restart from where it should be if it gets interrupted?
If I badly explained this,
I mean that if I get an extra life, it would be good to restart the sneaker music from where it should be instead of the begining, as the music is the primary way to know when the power will end (aside of going to chasecam 0)

That's something I would really like to see too, but I don't think it's possible.

That's something I would really like to see too, but I don't think it's possible.
Several ways of doing it, the easiest being making the 1-up jingle a sound effect and temporarily muting the music while it plays. But then again you can still ruin the timing by hitting Escape, which pauses the game in Single Player but doesn't stop the music.

Masterserver Update and NetSynch Lua Hook

I made a merge request that updates the masterserver code. I think the masterserver should get updated to have a better versioning system which is what I've done. Also, I think a lua hook should be added for synching.

Last edited:
That sounds majorly complicated, and damn near impossible with the current netcode, I'd rather wait for the devs to recreate the netcode for SRB2.

Oh, I've got a dumb suggestion:
Make the lava pits in RVZ less deep.
I can't tell how frustrating it is to "glitch" through a lava fall, and have to lose your Rings 5 more times to reach a spring. And even if your survive this, you still get hurt while being sent upward.

Still RVZ related, this level is not co-op friendly, there should be an alternate way (And not the one from the begining.) to this falling platform bridge other than waiting them to respawn when Xxx_H0$t_F4$t_Cuz_n0_L4g_xxX goes through the bridge before everyone else.

Oh, I've got a dumb suggestion:
Make the lava pits in RVZ less deep.
I can't tell how frustrating it is to "glitch" through a lava fall, and have to lose your Rings 5 more times to reach a spring. And even if your survive this, you still get hurt while being sent upward.

Still RVZ related, this level is not co-op friendly, there should be an alternate way (And not the one from the begining.) to this falling platform bridge other than waiting them to respawn when Xxx_H0$t_F4$t_Cuz_n0_L4g_xxX goes through the bridge before everyone else.
3b4.png

But seriously, why not make the lava falls solid then? I kind of agree with this, but only because I've been there too and it does suck if you end up down there. Heck, maybe make it only possible to go to the floor of lava pits through specific "whirlpools" and have extra geometry, goodies, shortcuts, etc down there? Otherwise it feels unnecessarily large for a place you're not supposed to visit, and even more unforgiving for people who don't know that there isn't anything worth gaining if they explore.

Last edited:
...apparently it already does, it just uses the lowest 8 bits (0 to 255) as the palette color number to use. The higher bits are used for the video flags, and they won't clash at all.

EDIT: the only flags that will have any effect at all with it though are the V_SNAPTORIGHT/LEFT/TOP/BOTTOM flags, it seems like

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back